garethx

Chiristopher Cerf In Torture Shock

Anyone watching the Jon Ronson programme on Channel 4 at the moment? it's about unconventional psychological techniques in modern warfare. The CIA and US military is using round-the-clock american music to break the resistance of Iraqi POWs, and Ronson is interviewing Christopher Cerf about them using his songs, including "Barney's Theme" and the "Sesame Street" signature.

Being made to listen to Cerf's "Sweet Music" for 24 hours would make me confess to anything.

Anyone watching the Jon Ronson programme on Channel 4 at the moment? it's about unconventional psychological techniques in modern warfare. The CIA and US military is using round-the-clock american music to break the resistance of Iraqi POWs, and Ronson is interviewing Christopher Cerf about them using his songs, including "Barney's Theme" and the "Sesame Street" signature.

Being made to listen to Cerf's "Sweet Music" for 24 hours would make me confess to anything.

link

I wonder what the arabic for "turn off that sweet soul music" is?!!!!

Brilliant.... :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :P

Even when taking curser backwards (or forwards) through the quoted bit in this reply it changes and goes forwards (or backwards) blink.gif

link

That is why my smiley is in totally the wrong position.Arabic is read back to front.I tried pointing the smiley at the end of the quote but it kept re positioning itself to the start.Wierd :lol:

That is why my smiley is in totally the wrong position.Arabic is read back to front.I tried pointing the smiley at the end of the quote but it kept re positioning itself to the start.Wierd  :lol:

link

Yeh I know it reads backwards.... just asumed it was an "embedded" gif or summat.... PMSL when curser "did" it's own thing on the arabic bit.... blink.gif

Guest photo

Yeh I know it reads backwards.... just asumed it was an "embedded" gif or summat.... PMSL when curser "did" it's own thing on the arabic bit.... :huh:

link

Think I`ll start playing the Theme From Sesame Street then when I`m next spinnin` em at Samantha`s..See how it goes down..... :sleep3:

In the case of Chris Cerf, I read somewhere that he was involved in many of the NewYork smaller record labels producing some good soul music. Can anyone expand on this?

The Sweet Soul Music is a bit depressing but used to pack the floors as I remember.

Ed

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links