soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

There's billions of these about. Shouldn't cost you more than £20 on Googa Mooga in the real world

What is the real world?

Is that what people really pay today or is it what happenned in 1987 in a little back room in some working mens club in Yorkshire?

:yes:

Although Pete's probably right abotu the value of the second issue on Goola Mooga, but it seems everytime one of the usual suspects gives a "shouldn't be more than blah blah blah in the real world" it normally sells on ebay a day later for at least twice that. A recent example being Little Tommy.

Check popsike and a bit of google for "real world values" and forget what things used to sell for out of sales boxes up north before the internet was invented.

Just my opinion. :lol:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

What is the real world?

Is that what people really pay today or is it what happenned in 1987 in a little back room in some working mens club in Yorkshire?

:yes:

Although Pete's probably right abotu the value of the second issue on Goola Mooga, but it seems everytime one of the usual suspects gives a "shouldn't be more than blah blah blah in the real world" it normally sells on ebay a day later for at least twice that. A recent example being Little Tommy.

Check popsike and a bit of google for "real world values" and forget what things used to sell for out of sales boxes up north before the internet was invented.

Just my opinion. :lol:

James, ok, next time I get one on Googa Mooga, you can arrange for me to be struck down dead if I charge anything over, say, £25, and for that it would have to be unplayed.

Not quite the same case on Sepia, but the Googa Mooga record is very very common now, not just in 1987

Social source share

Mine's actually on GooDa Mooga with a pic cover (bought in the 70's)

Anyone know the story about this?

Always assumed it was a bootleg of the French Googa Mooga release BUT why would it have been bootlegged so long ago? OR are they ALL on Gooda Mooga and we all assume it's on Googa Mooga cos of the more famous French release by Eddie Parker that was available at the same time?

Someone must know summat about it??????

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

James, ok, next time I get one on Googa Mooga, you can arrange for me to be struck down dead if I charge anything over, say, £25, and for that it would have to be unplayed.

Not quite the same case on Sepia, but the Googa Mooga record is very very common now, not just in 1987

Hi Pete

I reckon you'd have yer arm bitten off to the shoulder if you knocked it out at £25.

I'll have the next copy you get then, as i can replace my Gooda Mooga copy (see above!)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Always assumed it was a bootleg of the French Googa Mooga release BUT why would it have been bootlegged so long ago? OR are they ALL on Gooda Mooga and we all assume it's on Googa Mooga cos of the more famous French release by Eddie Parker that was available at the same time?

just checked mine its the same . very strange. sleeve says googa mooga thou

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Think you'll find all the labels on the Al Gardner have Gooda Mooga, but all the sleeves say Googa Mooga. Mis print? Had quite a few pass through my hands & they've all been this way.

Cheers

Ady

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

hi, i have the picture sleeve on googa mooga, with the 45 being on gooda mooga, have thought about selling on,the gasher as contacted me if was available but after reading value

via pete, i think i will keep hold of it. never seen one go for £25!! even without the sleeve

but then again there are millions out there, every french soul boy/girl as a copy :D

so gasher what will you pay for a mint- vinyl/ex+ sleeve, or are you going to wait to

buy one for £25, or maybe get a real one on sepia at a stupid price :D

russ

Social source share

hi, i have the picture sleeve on googa mooga, with the 45 being on gooda mooga, have thought about selling on,the gasher as contacted me if was available but after reading value

via pete, i think i will keep hold of it. never seen one go for £25!! even without the sleeve

but then again there are millions out there, every french soul boy/girl as a copy :D

so gasher what will you pay for a mint- vinyl/ex+ sleeve, or are you going to wait to

buy one for £25, or maybe get a real one on sepia at a stupid price :D

russ

What you on about Russ, I'll give you the password to my yahoogroup and you can go back over 8 years of lists, you'll find at least 10 copies and the last of these will have been last year...all with pic covers

Social source share

Hi Steve,

Think you'll find all the labels on the Al Gardner have Gooda Mooga, but all the sleeves say Googa Mooga. Mis print? Had quite a few pass through my hands & they've all been this way.

Cheers

Ady

Thanks for that Ady :yes:

At least i know it ain't a bootleg (i did actually suspect all copies where on gooda mooga!)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...