Josesph Stubbs - Falcons - Got to Make a MoveS

Swifty

Bit confused here , there seems to be 2 Versions , 1 by Joseph Stubbs (Levi's Bro I Believe ) and 1 by the Falcons which I know Joe sang with and they have the same label number on Atkins Allstars.

Great tune but which is the original version and value ? any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Swifty :hatsoff2:

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

Guest trickbag

Falcons, The ‎– Got To Make A Move

Label:
Atkins All-Star ‎– AA 234
Format:
Vinyl, 7"
Released:
Genre:
Style:

JOSEPH STUBBS Got To Make A Move MODERN SOUL 45 NM- mp3

spacer.gif

End price:

USD

End date:

2010-11-23

(EUR

77)

spacer.gif

Start price:

USD

Start date:

2010-11-16

spacer.gif 

Number of  bids:

Auctioned at:

ebay

USA

spacer.gif 

spacer.gif 

JOSEPH STUBBS Got To Make A Move MODERN SOUL 45 NM- mp3as you can see joes is 81, so first.

JOSEPH STUBBS / ATKINS ALL-STARS. Got To Make A Move / Got To Make A Move (Instrumental). Original 1981 U.S. Private Release by ATKINS ALL-STAR ...

hope this helps you swifty.

ricky.

Social source share

If it was listed alternatively as Joe Stubbs and The Falcons, I have to assume that the original recording was made by The Falcons, with Joe Stubbs on lead.  That leads me to believe it was from a previously unreleased tape made under the auspices of Robert West (probably during the group's Lupine or period (or with the much lesser posibility that it was made during their Atlantic period)..

Social source share

If it was listed alternatively as Joe Stubbs and The Falcons, I have to assume that the original recording was made by The Falcons, with Joe Stubbs on lead.  That leads me to believe it was from a previously unreleased tape made under the auspices of Robert West (probably during the group's Lupine or period (or with the much lesser posibility that it was made during their Atlantic period)..

When speaking to The Stubbs family, they told me that it was recorded  in the early 80's as stated on the record. They said it was the last thing that they recorded when the group reformed in the 80's. Also the track sounds like a 80's recording when you listen to it. The Joe Stubbs pressing was released a year before they re-released under The Falcons name, but they are the same recording. Also a member of this line up was another founding member Lance Finney, who we also visited and confirmed what we had been told by Joe's family. 

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

PS Joe was a bit of a journeyman when it came to Detroit groups. When he left the Falcons, he joined The Originals and was the lead singer on 'Good night Irene'. Then later again having a spell with The Contours, before returning to the 80's line up of The Falcons. Lastly the group reformed one more time after his death with one member that worked in the group during the 50's/60's period, Carlos (Sonny) Munro in 2005, but this was short lived.

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

When speaking to The Stubbs family, they told me that it was recorded  in the early 80's as stated on the record. They said it was the last thing that they recorded when the group reformed in the 80's. Also the track sounds like a 80's recording when you listen to it. The Joe Stubbs pressing was released a year before they re-released under The Falcons name, but they are the same recording. Also a member of this line up was another founding member Lance Finney, who we also visited and confirmed what we had been told by Joe's family. 

Thanks.  I didn't know that The original Falcons got back together.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

PS Joe was a bit of a journeyman when it came to Detroit groups. When he left the Falcons, he joined The Originals and was the lead singer on 'Good night Irene'. Then later again having a spell with The Contours, before returning to the 80's line up of The Falcons. Lastly the group reformed one more time after his death with one member that worked in the group during the 50's/60's period, Carlos (Sonny) Munro in 2005, but this was short lived.

Wasn't his spell with the Contours before the Originals ?

Social source share

Guest trickbag

THE FALCONS ~ Got To Make A Move ~ Atkins All-Star 70's modern/northern soul 45

• Price:
    • $51.00 USD
  • Start Date:April 10, 2014
  • End Date:April 20, 2014
  • Bids:2
  • Seller Feedback:9364
  • Buyer Feedback:874
310924576890.jpg Click to enlarge

The Falcon Players
Got To Make A Move / Got To Make A Move instrumental (Atkins All-Star) 
 Record is in strong VG condition; plays well although mastered kind of quietly

from frenzy.

ricky.

Social source share

I believe he was with The Contours first, starting in 1966 ("Baby Hit And Run", It's So hard Being a Loser" 1967), and THEN with The Originals ("Good Night Irene" - 1967).  The Contours - "Just a Little Misunderstanding"

Wasn't his spell with the Contours before the Originals ?

I believe so, as "Baby Hit and Run" and Just a Little Misunderstanding were both 1966, and "Good Night Irene" was 1967.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!