Eddie Wood - Why did you call Original/boot

I know many will say this is easy, originals have a Bell Sound stamp in run out. But I have two copies which I found in the US, both with old DJ's and both showing many years of wear and neither have 'Bell Sound' stamps. Both do have stamps on label, one 'Promotion', the other 'May 7 1965'.

I have put scans of both up here and a stamped copy

Thoughts everyone

First two have no stamp, last one does

ew1118.jpg

ew2119.jpg

ew3120.jpg

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Never booted was it?

As far as I know it wasn't. But a few years ago I sold the one above with the 'Promotion' stamp on the label and was sent it back by the buyer, who informed me that it was a boot as it didn't have a 'Bell Sound' stamp. I couldn't be bothered to argue with him, but recently thought it would be nice to get everyones collective thoughts on this.

Social source share

Just checked my copy and it doesn't have the bell sound stamp neither. At 9 0'clock it has BRS scratched in and at 5 o'clock it has ABK 1258 A scratched in.

Social source share

Just checked my copy and it doesn't have the bell sound stamp neither. At 9 0'clock it has BRS scratched in and at 5 o'clock it has ABK 1258 A scratched in.

Yes I have two like that and concider them to be original. I'm guessing that they used two pressing plants for some reason or another

Social source share

Yes I have two like that and concider them to be original. I'm guessing that they used two pressing plants for some reason or another

Hi Dave, often hear of more than 1 pressing plant being used, i would also suggest that is what has happened in this case.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!