soul shrews

gone a bit strange ?

I don't appear ot be able to edit any of my posts. When I select edit  my original text isn't there. There is a "why edit" msg and I can enter text  there ok. Below that there is a long, narrow grey border with "save" and  "Cancel" buttons at the far right. Nothing I select takes me to the original text. It appears to be a dead-end.   Unless i've missed something really obvious

I don't appear ot be able to edit any of my posts. When I select edit  my original text isn't there. There is a "why edit" msg and I can enter text  there ok. Below that there is a long, narrow grey border with "save" and  "Cancel" buttons at the far right. Nothing I select takes me to the original text. It appears to be a dead-end.   Unless i've missed something really obvious

check if the buttons on the editor tool bar have any effect

if no joy

the long bar points to content being there

so with the mouse see if you can 'highlight' any hidden text 

can you edit your post above?

if not it seems the error/fault is via your browser as can here

refresh the page maybe?

check if the buttons on the editor tool bar have any effect

if no joy

the long bar points to content being there

so with the mouse see if you can 'highlight' any hidden text 

can you edit your post above?

if not it seems the error/fault is via your browser as can here

refresh the page maybe?

I can't edit the posts above. There is no editor tool bar visible. I've looked at a topic  I started in AATS. The first post is fine. I works just as it should. The grey bar is visible for a split second then changes to the text box  On all subsequent posts however it's the same problem. The only place where the cursor shows is in the "reason required" box. I use Firefox but I've also tried with IE and it's the same

Also (although this is easier to deal with). I've noticed that messages "stick" if not sent and have to be manually deleted. For example, before, If you were replying using a quote but then changed your mind and didn't press submit if you went "back" the message would  be deleted. Now it stays in any  subsequent messages and has to be deleted manually. If not then it all builds up. Eg if I did this five times on the trot, then I would. automatically have all the messages I had decided not to send (and also  all the quotes  i was replying to). It all has to be deleted manually to clear the text box. 

I can't edit the posts above. There is no editor tool bar visible. I've looked at a topic  I started in AATS. The first post is fine. I works just as it should. The grey bar is visible for a split second then changes to the text box  On all subsequent posts however it's the same problem. The only place where the cursor shows is in the "reason required" box. I use Firefox but I've also tried with IE and it's the same

have you got any browser extensions running ?

sounds like the problem is your side as all seems ok here

try logging in and out, clearing cookies, shut and start browser then your pc

when did it start? have you installed or changed stuff, are other sites ok

if all fails try it with chrome

Tried  all the above but no change. I'm not sure when it started - I noticed it a week or two ago. but thought it was just a temporary glitch   I can work around it anyhow.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.