Brian Rae 50 years DJing

Guest manusf3a

Happy anniversary Brian,definately one of the best top class bloke as well as dj. liked and well respected everywhere his was a real passion for the music and scene.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

50 Years, that is impressive :yes::thumbup: I remember him best for his couple of appearances at Congleton Town Hall (one with the Flirtations) way back in the 70's

Congratulations and well done Brian

Social source share

Brian Rae. Blue Peter badge for the first person to get his real name. 

I had the pleasure of traveling with Brian and the Late great Keith Brady. R.I. P. To various venues In the seventies in the infamous astra van.

They alongside many local Widnes DJ,s where the main event at my wedding reception in 1982. 

It's a pleasure and a privilege like so many on here to call him a friend. 

Steve

Social source share

I had car trouble and Brian lent me his AA or RAC membership card for a few weeks back in 1980 / 81 (around the time he was in a leg cast and walking on crutches). His name was clearly visible and I had to "be" Brian about three times. For the life of me I can't remember what his mame was though.

I'm thinking Williamson / Wilkinson, something like that, but I could be miles out, and the more I think about it, the more I think it was something else.

Anyway, happy anniversary Brian

Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

I had the pleasure of traveling with Brian and the Late great Keith Brady. R.I. P. To various venues In the seventies in the infamous astra van.

They alongside many local Widnes DJ,s where the main event at my wedding reception in 1982. 

It's a pleasure and a privilege like so many on here to call him a friend. 

Real name Brian  Williamson his ex wife name Madeline Williamson used to live in Penketh Warrington used to dj at all the local clubs in warrington known him since 1972

Social source share

When Brian and Madeleine moved to Great Sankey I think it was, you virtually had to walk sideways down the hall because of the amount of record boxes stacked from floor to ceiling. Always remember Madeline used to work as a usherette in the pictures in Warrington. Good times indeed and so many memories especially of the Carlton club. Upstairs of if I remember  rightly Burton's. 

Steve

Social source share

Here's a few more Chris. I borrowed a camera from college but as is fairly obvious from the results, I didn't know what I was doing with it. These aren't of Brian so feel free to move them somewhere more appropriate. Oldies 5th anniversary Feb 6th 1981.

CCF06082015_00000.jpg

CCF06082015_00000a.jpg

CCF06082015_00000b.jpg

CCF06082015_00000c.jpg

CCF06082015_00000d.jpg

CCF06082015_00000e.jpg

Brilliant, thanks Jordi - great shots. Too young to have gone to Wigan myself so always interested to see photos - much appreciated :thumbsup: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If Brian reads this, sincere congratulations. He gave me a lift to Wigan for my first night at Wigan following a cancelled nighter at Peterborough, where he was also Djing. Doubt he remembers but obviously I do! Much respect to a stalwart of this scene. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!