Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

wolfie66

Mmm Raspberry Pi

It's my 8 year old boy's birthday next week and I'm thinking of getting him a Raspberry Pi computer. It will no doubt be a learning experience for him, but I'm almost completely useless when it come to these things; has anybody got one or is aware of of them for info/advice at all? That is, are they suitable for a (sharp) 8 year old boy who's into all this coding malarkey (technical term)

Any advice or info based on experience much appreciated thanks.

Edited by wolfie66
Orfull speling

It's my 8 year old boy's birthday next week and I'm thinking of getting him a Raspberry Pi computer. It will no doubt be a learning experience for him, but I'm almost completely useless when it come to these things; has anybody got one or is aware of of them for info/advice at all? That is, are they suitable for a (sharp) 8 year old boy who's into all this coding malarkey (technical term)

Any advice or info based on experience much appreciated thanks.

There'll be loads of tutorials on Youtube.

It seemS that they are suitable for 5 and upwards as long as they CAN use a key board and mouse. There are also different levels of 'projects' to suit different ages. If you get one of the higher end spec models (Pi 2 Model B), you can get them to stream Kodi/ XBMC

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts