Rubble Kings - The story of the birth of Hip-Hop

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

more to do with the gangs and the famous meeting like in the film the warriors. little towards the end goes on to when the gangs stopped fighting and were talking about block parties which when lead into hip hop/sampling music great documentary really enjoyed it especially as it was from the original gangs and there members

Social source share

more to do with the gangs and the famous meeting like in the film the warriors. little towards the end goes on to when the gangs stopped fighting and were talking about block parties which when lead into hip hop/sampling music great documentary really enjoyed it especially as it was from the original gangs and there members

That's spot on.  The hip hop thing only comes in towards the end.  The gang stuff is amazing and shocking at the same time.  Great documentary.

Social source share

That's great Dave  - thanks for sharing.

And I'm still waiting for the 1999 C4 series The Hip Hop years to appear on DVD...

looking forward to straight out of compton aug 16th i think, nwa and the deathrow records bust up gets good ratings so far 

Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

I really enjoyed this documentary and it's well worth watching.... It's already been mentioned, but it's really a history of the New York gangs and how certain acts of violence made the gangs change their ways and channel their energy into other things (the early hip-hop culture)... The Hip Hop footage shown has been used in other documentaries before, but may be fresh to some viewers. It really is worth taking a look.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!