mike

How Did Your Footy Team Do Today - Season 2015/16?

Early start this year? 

Anyway after the first epl match (where things seem to be carrying on from last season)

what are  your hopes dreams and... 

for the new season

Edited by mike

Scoring with an overhead kick is not allowed anymore.

Yep - just seen the vine and think 'we were a bit lucky to get that decision'; (understatement of the year:wink:).  

I was expecting Palace to lose today - it feels like we always lose our first game of the season, even if its not statistically true!  I was also expecting Norwich to benefit from the first day in the Prem bounce-thing, and to just out energy us.  

But, 3 points and 3 goals, not a bad start.  Much tougher test next week when we are at home to the Arse.   

Otherwise wasn't expecting Leicester to get that result, and wasn't expecting Watford to get something from Everton either.  

The local team, Bromley, won their first ever game in the Conference, against Wrexham - wasn't expecting that either!!

Day of surprises.  Which is what makes all so addictive I guess.

Yep - just seen the vine and think 'we were a bit lucky to get that decision'; (understatement of the year:wink:).  

I was expecting Palace to lose today - it feels like we always lose our first game of the season, even if its not statistically true!  I was also expecting Norwich to benefit from the first day in the Prem bounce-thing, and to just out energy us.  

But, 3 points and 3 goals, not a bad start.  Much tougher test next week when we are at home to the Arse.   

Otherwise wasn't expecting Leicester to get that result, and wasn't expecting Watford to get something from Everton either.  

The local team, Bromley, won their first ever game in the Conference, against Wrexham - wasn't expecting that either!!

Day of surprises.  Which is what makes all so addictive I guess.

The penalty he denied us at end was worse and how Murray was not booked is beyond me.

We need a goal scorer big time.

One - one away to Mansfield . Would have took that at three o'clock. Where did they find that ref? When was laying an opposition player not a sending off!

We're gonna spank the Arse.....:yes:

And fair play to Paul Dickov aand Donny yesterday, always liked him. Wonder if that would happen in Premiership (can't see Slaven I'ming it, tbh) :g:

The penalty he denied us at end was worse and how Murray was not booked is beyond me.

We need a goal scorer big time.

I was there mate and it was not a penalty at the end. Bassong flipped himself over. The Jerome goal should have been allowed but it was hilarious telling the Norwich fans to stop giving it the big one when they though they had equalized.

It could have been a totally different story if Grabban had put away his chances in the first 20 mins. Palace then got back into it well. Puncheon, Zaha and Cabaye were all playing very well but we took our foot off the pedal when we went 2-0 up. Our 3rd goal was such a relief as I was convinced it was going to end in a draw.

Utd were dreadful never looked like scoreing,still no center halfs and spent a fortune.Hope fully they will improve but not holding my breath.Am actualy struggling to watch these fairys throwing themselves on the floor at the slightest touch,after watching a lot of rugby this year.Watchin mourino screaming at the ref as his ladys went down at every severe glance was embarrasing,and utd and the rest are no better .Doesnt look like a good year in the prem again this year,so id say the title will be very open this year.

Scoring with an overhead kick is not allowed anymore.

Here's an overhead kick scored for Northampton by 18 year old Ivan Toney on his first start for the Cobblers. It was his second goal of the game in a must win match away to Dagenham in front of 1200 away fans. If we'd lost that game we could well have been non league now.  Whizz forward to 50 seconds although Cobblers second goal is well worth a look too. We've just sold him to Newcastle Utd but without him, we still started with a win at Bristol Rovers.

Edited by Maark

One - one away at Bolton. Conceded an equaliser in injury time.

I have to say I'm yet to be convinced about Doooooooooogie!

DF is detested in these parts even more than Megson, don't forget the penalty Peter, kinda makes the equaliser deserved really :)

DF is detested in these parts even more than Megson, don't forget the penalty Peter, kinda makes the equaliser deserved really :)

Hi Pete

Blimey - anyone who is detested more than Megson is way down on the popularity stakes! I think Forest fans were shocked when DF came in last year and he did have that new manager instant success - but then went on a losing streak which was as bad as we'd seen under Pearce. On paper he has a decent squad irrespective of all his excuses about FFP. He's just too defensive in my opinion - sets up a team not to lose and inevitable fails to win football matches.

I think you were worth the point mate.

:thumbsup: 

Forest got their first win of the season at home to Rotherham. :sweatingbullets:

With Reidy and Cohen on the way back it will be like two new signings - if we can keep them both fit.

Peter

was expecting forest to thump us midweek. seems like they were lucky to keep our new basketball player sized striker goal less

any hull on here? 8 minutes of madness was all the game had leaving us 3rd. 

quick heads up for all the championship supporters on here. i couldnt be arsed to go saturday mainly as my mate i go with was away but i found this live link to our game. maybe these people show other championship games live for free? worth an explore id say.

american (canadian maybe) female host and english commentator. recognised his voice couldnt put a name to it. 

http://firstrows.org/soccer/charlton-athletic-vs-hull-city-frs114c2g

Hi Pete

Blimey - anyone who is detested more than Megson is way down on the popularity stakes! I think Forest fans were shocked when DF came in last year and he did have that new manager instant success - but then went on a losing streak which was as bad as we'd seen under Pearce. On paper he has a decent squad irrespective of all his excuses about FFP. He's just too defensive in my opinion - sets up a team not to lose and inevitable fails to win football matches.

I think you were worth the point mate.

Dougie is very defensive. He had the so called "axis of boredom" set up at Palace with two DM's almost playing like additional CB's. He did get more adventurous the following season and we were beating teams 3-0 quite regularly before he left for Bolton. Give him a bit more time.

Guest gfarrington

champions hopefully , and a bit of luck now and again wouldn't go amiss :wicked: so far so good, big one tonight arsenal away 

Five in a row for Aberdeen, best since 84. 85 and 

Some great results today for the neutral fan's. Me chuffed the mickies took a proper beating. The special one is anything but this season up to now.

Hopefully we go kick on after Wednesday night over in Bruges and beat Swansea tomorrow. 

Steve

We, Ashford Town, won our FA Cup Preliminary round match versus Kempston Rovers, this afternoon 1-0.

We're now away to either  Hoddesdon or Romford in the 1st Qualifying Round, who replay during the week. 

We've now won two games in this season's FA Cup,  as a result we have won £3425 in prize money. To a club our size that is a lot of money.

HI ALL,

Never mind about the footie, what about  the rugby yesterday!!!!

I am of course talking about the mighty Leeds Rhinos whitewash of the unfortunate Hull KR. BY 50-0 AT Wembly in the challenge cup final. A thoroughly outstanding and professional performance against a team that had shown some great skill,flair and endeavour in the games leading up to the final.

Felt a little sorry for Hull as the more they tried as the match progressed, the more errors crept into their game and Leeds hammered them for it. The man of the match-Tom Briscoe scored an unprecedented five tries in the game. Well deserved win and hope the boys celebrated well last night but on Monday it will be heads down and focus on winning the league.

ROY 

A classic away day yesterday at Stamford Bridge with Palace thoroughly deserving a very rare away win there. Everyone played well and there are 4 or 5 contenders for man of the match. I don't think Jose has lost his magic touch and they'll be fine. As for Palace, I'm just enjoying every minute until return back to normality

champions hopefully , and a bit of luck now and again wouldn't go amiss :wicked: so far so good, big one tonight arsenal away 

Pardon :D

Guest gfarrington

Some great results today for the neutral fan's. Me chuffed the mickies took a proper beating. The special one is anything but this season up to now.

Hopefully we go kick on after Wednesday night over in Bruges and beat Swansea tomorrow. 

Steve

somebody didnt read the script steve lol

Guest gfarrington

:lol::lol::lol:

the question in the first post was what are your hopes and dreams phil, i hope we can though its a long shot 

Sadly, went another step towards regaining non-league status.....Terry Butcher, current manager, former England/Ipswich legend, should have rested on his laurels.... as said former England/Ipswich  Legend, because as a current manager, along with former compatriot and team mate Russell Osman ( current assistant) they'd struggle to make a decent pair of book-ends in a public library!!!!

First half was a shocker,played a lot better in second half and always nice to beat the bin dippers.

they said he is the new Henry, Andy. Took his goal really well. Things looking up for you lot. 

Beat QPR 2 - 1 away. Nice result and a debut goal for our new Portuguese striker Nelson Oliveira. 

Peter

I thought we dominated before Green went. Hope they can keep up that intensity , you need it to get out if the Chsmpionship.