Leon haywood baby reconsider

Baldsoulie

Can anyone please advise on the matrix/runout markings on Leon Haywood, baby reconsider, styrene blue/white issue. I know about the boot of the promo but nothing on the issue. Cannot find this anywhere on net, I have what looks and feels like a styrene copy, plays correct titles but cannot see any markings on 'goin back' side, any thoughts/ advice please.

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

It's an original, was recorded in LA with Monarch just around the corner. Here's some trivia, the recording session started at 11.00pm and finished at 03.00am, was being played on the radio stations and going down well, then in steps Berry Gordy who told Fat Fish to pull the record or face a law suit, Gordy said it was plagiarism, sounding like "Just a little misunderstanding". Having just won a case against Curtis Mayfield for "Can't satisfy" they couldn't risk the business and did pull the record. Thats' why issues are harder to find than demos. Not a lot of people know that :D 

That's an interesting piece of information Chris,  I have had a long standing disagreement with one Mr Holyman about it, he always says that the issue is rarer, whilst I maintain that a proper demo is rarer. Looking at sales on eBay I have noted that I have seen 7 issues sold but only 3 demos. Perhaps a straw poll of members might reveal the true position.

I've got a demo :thumbsup:

Social source share

That's an interesting piece of information Chris,  I have had a long standing disagreement with one Mr Holyman about it, he always says that the issue is rarer, whilst I maintain that a proper demo is rarer. Looking at sales on eBay I have noted that I have seen 7 issues sold but only 3 demos. Perhaps a straw poll of members might reveal the true position.

I've got a demo :thumbsup:

Checked Popsick and saw 7 demos & 8 issues, way, way back it was all demos, you'll find that the issue generally goes for more money, usually a good Litmus test. That story BTW came from the arranger, the legendary Arthur Wright, who coincidentally later worked for the LA Motown office. 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

So the issue went for £670.00, that's quite a lot, seen some demos for sale at £350 - 400. Not sure if Julian Bentley still has one for sale, he was looking for that kind of price (I think)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151778856243?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi Chris

I have an issue as you quite rightly say.

It's never been in the 'sales box' though:)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!