Previously unknown Motown version?

Pete S

Anyone heard of this before?  R Dean taylor - There's A Ghost In My House / Let's Go Somewhere - Canadian Motown VIP 25042.  Now I'm presuming this coincides with the 1974 UK issue.  This isn't about Ghost though, it's about Let's Go Somewhere.  
As you know, it starts off with some cymbal tapping and a piano riff, then he goes on to do a spoken passage "We all have lives to live on our own etc".  Well not on this one: you get the cymbals, the piano riff and then it just smashes straight into the song "As I'm walking down the street".  And it sounds utterly fantastic.  
I've never heard of this edited version before, it belongs to Rob Haigh (it's his record) and he doesn't know of another one either.  Familiar to anyone or not?
(Original VIP release has time as 2:51 same as this, but this is a good 10 seconds shorter despite showing the same time)

rdean.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Anyone heard of this before?  R Dean taylor - There's A Ghost In My House / Let's Go Somewhere - Canadian Motown VIP 25042.  Now I'm presuming this coincides with the 1974 UK issue.  This isn't about Ghost though, it's about Let's Go Somewhere.  
As you know, it starts off with some cymbal tapping and a piano riff, then he goes on to do a spoken passage "We all have lives to live on our own etc".  Well not on this one: you get the cymbals, the piano riff and then it just smashes straight into the song "As I'm walking down the street".  And it sounds utterly fantastic.  
I've never heard of this edited version before, it belongs to Rob Haigh (it's his record) and he doesn't know of another one either.  Familiar to anyone or not?
(Original VIP release has time as 2:51 same as this, but this is a good 10 seconds shorter despite showing the same time)

rdean.jpg

The are a couple on popsike and an original  (67)  Canadian.The two 74 copies don't seem to be the same record since they have different company sleeves. They sold for around 50 -, 58 US dollars. The '67 sold for twenty dollars more.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!