Northern on Corrie?

Twoshoes

Anyone know what's in store on Corrie this week, I've been given half a story about I'm guessing its Craig Charles's character selling his Northern records to raise some cash and one of them being worth a grand, anyone got the full story, and no I won't be watching just interested to know if its true

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest toffee lady

Didnt Liz McDonald sell or break  Vernons copy of Nothing can stop Me - Gene Chandler a few years ago too?

He claimed it was priceless!

Janette

Social source share

From what I can gather from the TV mags the storyline is being billed as "The Ultimate Betrayal" No - it's not that his misses is playing around with someone else but she sells some of his vinyl online to help out her daughter who is in financial difficulties.

Is it the ultimate betrayal though? I think a lot of people would think it is. 

Social source share

Or the scriptwriters do,

Probably a bit of both actually.  Clearly Craig Charles is into his soul music, which doesn't make him an expert in Northern, but he's bound to know a bit!

Add to that, a few years ago I recognised the name Damon Rochefort as script writer as I recall that name from the foreword to Ralph Tee's early 90's book "Who's Who In Soul Music".  So there's a soul connection there and the Street always seems heavier on the soul when he's written the script.

I watched last night and couldn't verify what he said about Robert & The Uptites as it meant nothing to me!!

I wondered where the storyline was leading and thought HE was going to sell the records to help her, but WHAT.......she sells them!!!  That explains the thoughtful look on her face as they were discussing her daughter's financial woes!

I just hope it doesn't give our ladies ideas chaps............

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

I don't usually comment on a record but that is Shite ! plus I've always been a bit doubtful about some of their gradings , utter tripe IMHO 

totally agree absolutely awful......as for holy grai!.....thank heavens that it is the only copy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Kick,Robert &the Uptights ; obviously an instruction! The Holy grail  ,Monty Pythons version ? ,£750 For "snap ,crackle and pop" Mint - now we know acoustically where Lee,s ears are at ,30 minutes of Corrie is ecstacy compared to 2.30 of this "Mierda"{ Espanol} !

Social source share

Anyone know what's in store on Corrie this week, I've been given half a story about I'm guessing its Craig Charles's character selling his Northern records to raise some cash and one of them being worth a grand, anyone got the full story, and no I won't be watching just interested to know if its true

the one worth a grand ? It's not Robert Thomas - Salvation, is it ?

Social source share

Sounds more like second-rate funk bilge than northern soul.

Looking at the descriptions of this record it's described as a beat ballad (pmsl :g::lol:..........Northern soul, Northern crossover Motown and funk/deep soul.

To my ears with that guitar riff..........out and out R&B..........each to their own and all that!!!!  :rofl: 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!