Rufus Wood original?

Quinvy

Just had a look and the Anglo one has the later 2309 Holman address for the label - as opposed to the 3602 Dowling on the original. It also credits the writer as (Anton) Valier, rather than Collins on the blue text copies. Everything suggests it was cut after the original. In fact I can't see anything to suggest that it wasn't pressed at the same time as the acknowledged reissue...

edit: looked back through previous discussions and people with copies of the reissue confirm it's vinyl, not styrene (like Hammie said above). Exactly like Anglo's therefore.

espanola.thumb.jpg.95481527a9c0b7e2b1eed

My copy bought before it was re-pressed

214946_rufus_wood.thumb.jpg.5403fc32cc55

Current auction copy

Edited by Godzilla
pics added
Social source share

1) There is no styrene copy 2) John Anderson sold out of the blue print originals so got the owner to repress 500 copies from the original plates, these are the black print copies.  He told me this 5 minutes ago and he also told me last year and I posted it up.  

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1) There is no styrene copy 2) John Anderson sold out of the blue print originals so got the owner to repress 500 copies from the original plates, these are the black print copies.  He told me this 5 minutes ago and he also told me last year and I posted it up.  

Thanks Pete, sorry I missed reading it last year mate. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Social source share

You could'nt make this stuff up could you !

So .. apparently Tim is telling people ,his is vinyl and not styrene (like the later press /re-issue ) that is NOT styrene but actually also vinyl ...as are the Green and blue copies ,but wait a moment .. Tim's copy also carries the later label info ,same as the re-issue ,but that scan is wrong and will be corrected to show the same info as the green/blue copy ? 

I'm still confused ,it's been a long day ,i need a lie down :sleep3:

Social source share

I have to agree nev this is giving me a headache as this is one of only two records I have as "wants"

Will / can someone say without doubt that this copy currently up for auction is exactly the same as the black text reissue and if it was in a box at a nighter it would be sold as such.....a reissue £80

And that the only original real deal pucker copy has blue/silver text.

Or in other words if anyone has the balls to do so call the one up for auction a reissue and a dealer pulling a fast one.

Dazz

Social source share

Hello everybody on here !!!!!   Pete's post here above is dead right..... end of.   AND THERE ARE NO STYRENE RE-RELASES

I have the black print thicker vynil re-release which I bought from J.A. in the late seventies for a £1-00 and still have it.

If there were black print originals then John Anderson would have known and said so. 

If I recall looking at the blue print originals, the outer edge run in is slightly tapered.

On the black print re-issue the outer edge run in is flat and the edge of the record is blunt or squared off   

Social source share

I have to agree nev this is giving me a headache as this is one of only two records I have as "wants"

Will / can someone say without doubt that this copy currently up for auction is exactly the same as the black text reissue and if it was in a box at a nighter it would be sold as such.....a reissue £80

And that the only original real deal pucker copy has blue/silver text.

Or in other words if anyone has the balls to do so call the one up for auction a reissue and a dealer pulling a fast one.

Dazz

Tim has made a mistake. I notified him last week, but he thought the re issues were styrene. I'm sure he will rectify the listing as soon as possible. He would never deliberately try to con anyone, he has a reputation to uphold and a business to run. Everyone makes mistakes, we are all human.

If you want to own the real deal, then you need the Green label with the Blue text.

Social source share

Played by Soul Sam in June 76 and supplied by John Anderson....he was also spinning....Philly Dog around the world,,,,Joe Cook,Fork In The Road,Lennie Curtis...a loan from Colin Curtis,The Nights-Let There be love. I got a second issue from a dealer who had bought out loads of Jetstar stuff.It was tucked in with loads of blue/white Jetstar records.

Social source share

Tim has made a mistake. I notified him last week, but he thought the re issues were styrene. I'm sure he will rectify the listing as soon as possible. He would never deliberately try to con anyone, he has a reputation to uphold and a business to run. Everyone makes mistakes, we are all human.

If you want to own the real deal, then you need the Green label with the Blue text.

It takes a big man to admit he has made a mistake ,so if Tim says eh was /is wrong ,has made a error ,i take my hat off to him for listening to you and then for ,taking the time to find out the facts ,address the situation and lastly ,for doing the right thing and notifying the people who were bidding on it and also the rest of us !

Nobody knows everything ,some a lot more than others ,most of us ..not a lot ,but the fact Tim was willing to listen and act accordingly puts him in the box with the good guys for me :thumbsup:.

P.s did have me a tad worried for a moment though :ohmy:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

who do i get  compensation from as i sold  a copy as repress and now its announced original first press vinyl ...this is now fca compliance according to authority as miss representation     .... and as i dont miss represent   because i like everyone else listen to our learned collectors..so who is going to give me  the under valued payment balance ,in this world of authority.who is the governing body ? im out of pocket . im lost for words

Social source share

who do i get  compensation from as i sold  a copy as repress and now its announced original first press vinyl ...this is now fca compliance according to authority as miss representation     .... and as i dont miss represent   because i like everyone else listen to our learned collectors..so who is going to give me  the under valued payment balance ,in this world of authority.who is the governing body ? im out of pocket . im lost for words

I can't tell if you're being serious but just in case you are, nobody has said the the blue print original is anything but that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!