Out Soon! - Masterpieces of Modern Soul Vol 4 From Ace/Kent Unmissable

Just want to alert ya'll to this stunning compilation, out at the end of the month, from Ace / Kent.

This is the fourth in the series and contains so many fabulous unknown, underplayed and unreleased tracks, several of which, I'm very pleased to say, have been firm favourites in the playlists of Steve Plumb and yours truly for quite a while!

Do yourself a favour and take a listen to the YouTube video. In particular, I urge you to listen out for "Never Felt This Way Before" from The New Experience which is bound to go on and do even greater things on the dancefloor, and the blinding "I've Never Been In Love” from Alvin Robinson, a raw, killer vocal version of the CP Love 'Chimneyville' crossover classic that's met with masses of approval every time I've played it out!

The hard work, as usual, has been down to Ady Croasdell (Happy Birthday, Chief) for your listening pleasure, so I urge all fans of 'modern' and 'Crossover' Soul to pick up this fabulous collection and give these great, recently unearthed, tracks the exposure they certainly deserve!

Cheers everyone,

Sean X

Social source share

Just want to alert ya'll to this stunning compilation, out at the end of the month, from Ace / Kent.

This is the fourth in the series and contains so many fabulous unknown, underplayed and unreleased tracks, several of which, I'm very pleased to say, have been firm favourites in the playlists of Steve Plumb and yours truly for quite a while!

Do yourself a favour and take a listen to the YouTube video. In particular, I urge you to listen out for "Never Felt This Way Before" from The New Experience which is bound to go on and do even greater things on the dancefloor, and the blinding "I've Never Been In Love” from Alvin Robinson, a raw, killer vocal version of the CP Love 'Chimneyville' crossover classic that's met with masses of approval every time I've played it out!

The hard work, as usual, has been down to Ady Croasdell (Happy Birthday, Chief) for your listening pleasure, so I urge all fans of 'modern' and 'Crossover' Soul to pick up this fabulous collection and give these great, recently unearthed, tracks the exposure they certainly deserve!

Cheers everyone,

Sean X

Hi Sean

Fantastic selection on that.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks all.

Here's the full playlist!

01 Just Loving You (Rap Intro) - Garland Green

02 No Limit - Darrow Fletcher

03 It Takes Heart - Greg Perry

04 If There Were No You - The Natural Resources

05 Don't Send Nobody Else - Luv Co

06 Baby, You Got It All - Street People

07 There Will Never Be Another You - Jesse Johnson & Chocolate Fudge

08 Don't Matter To Me - Billy Cee & The Freedom Express

09 Gotta Be Loved - Herman Davis

10 Tears Begin To Fall - Elaine Armstrong

11 I'll Laugh Till I Cry - Toussaint McCall

12 Daddy Please Stay Home - Obrey Wilson

13 Never Felt This Way Before - The New Experience

14 You're My Little Girl (Edited version) - The Ovations feat Louis Williams

15 It's Everything About You (That I Love) - The Pretenders

16 We Communicate - Gail Anderson

17 I've Got News For You - Viola Wills

18 Don't Lose What You Got (Trying To Get Back What You Had) - The Dramatics

19 See Saw Affair - Cesar

20 Night After Night - Elayne Starr

21 Midnight Affair - George Soule

22 I've Never Been In Love - Alvin Robinson

23 You Amaze Me - Fox Fire featuring Johnny Adams

Many of these have never previously seen the light of day on CD or any other format!

Give the sampler a listen.

I'm sure you'll agree, you're in for a treat!

Cheers,

:thumbsup:

Sean

• Helpful 2
Social source share

As Sean said, some killer stuff on there for sure.

My fave track on the whole CD is the stunning crossover dancer by the Natural Resources - If there were no you

A real quality unreleased Dore dancer, have played it out a few times now and it sounds superb, future biggie i reckon?

Loads of other quality tunes (previously released AND previously unreleased) on there too. Amazing how much quality unreleased tackle is still turning up? The Dramatics, Elaine Armstrong, New Experience, Jesse Johnson, Alvin Robinson etc, all killers! And previously released and under-the-radar gems such as Street People, Herman Davis, Viola Wills, Pretenders etc all sound fantastic (By the way, wait til Kent put out Part 2 of Herman Davis, that's another brilliant find and one for the future for sure!)

Nice one Ady and thanks for making everyone aware of the CD Sean

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Many thanks to Sean & Steve for being advisers and sounding boards for a lot of these tracks, as well as spinning a few in advance. I'm no expert in the area so it's great to have a pair on hand who know what they are talking about. However I do genuinely love the music have collected and shaken a leg to it for the past 40 years.

The Garland Green track is a great story involving sharing a pint with a fellow fan down the Majestic, Jesse Johnson and Elaine Armstrong are major finds and I'm even digging the early 80s Dave Hamilton productions. Gail Anderson and Street People must be pretty rare and Viola Wills cheapie is just a great record that needs hearing. It's been a pleasure to produce.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

WOW... :),Just ordered my copy , many thanks to the folks @ Ace/Kent, your work is amazing!!

Ps, Steve Plumb, I can only agree with you, The Natural Resources track sounds amazing...:)

Best Regards

J from Sweden

Edited by Jow
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!