Updated Kev Roberts Top Soul 45 Auctions: Soul Bros. Six, Sam Fletcher

Guest Classic45s

Guest Classic45s

Last week, we added two new 45s to our Louise Neal 45 Soul Auctions page, which features eye-popping, previously unplayed promo treasures from the Louise Neal Soul 45 collection. See the Auctions page for photos.
  • Soul Brothers Six, Atlantic 2406 (promo), 1967. "Some Kind Of Wonderful / I'll Be Loving You" Condition: M (M|M|M) Ever hoped to find a pristine Mint copy of this amazing single? How about finding a pristine Mint PROMO copy? This gorgeous promo is as close to flawless as you can get. This popular single is listed at #238 in Kev Roberts' book on the strength of the B side, though of course the A side is doubly essential as part of any decent Soul collection. Comes in an Atlantic Records factory sleeve. MB $150. High Bid: $170 | Auction ends midnight EST Friday, August 21.
  • Sam Fletcher, Tollie 9012 (promo), 1964. "Friday Night / I'd Think It Over" Condition: M (M|M|M) This rare but popular single sits at #215 in Kev Roberts' Best Northern Soul 45s list! After cleaning, this copy emerges pristine Mint in all respects. It comes in a Near Mint copy of the rare, promo-only picture sleeve. (The sleeve books over $150 on its own!) MB $500. High Bid: $500 | Auction ends midnight EST Tuesday, August 18.

If you are interested in bidding, please visit the Louise Neal 45 Soul Auctions page for images and an explanation of the auction process. 

Other 45s still available for bidding include:

• Florence Devore, Phi-Dan 5000 (promo), 1965. "Kiss Me Now (Don't Kiss Me Later) / We're Not Old Enough" Condition: M- (M-|M-|M-) This is a new, unplayed promo copy on the multicolor Phi-Dan label design. This rare but popular single sits at #561 in Kev Roberts' Best Northern Soul 45s list! Aside from very faint surface noise audible only at the beginning, this copy has gorgeous Mint audio. The labels and vinyl grade Near Mint to reflect some very faint storage wear. MB $100.
  • Joe Tex, Dial 3016 (promo), 1963. "I Wanna Be Free / Blood's Thicker Than Water" At #14 in Kev Roberts' "New Top 100" Northern Soul 45s List. Near mint overall, Mint audio. MB $200.
  • Billy Eckstine, Motown 1105 (promo), 1967. "I Wonder Why (Nobody Loves Me)" Near mint overall, Mint audio. In Motown sleeve. In one of Kev Roberts' playlists. MB $100.
  • Robert Banks, Verve 10545 (promo), "A Mighty Good Way / Smile" M-. Kev Roberts #413. MB $100
  • Appreciations, Sport 108 (promo). "There's A Place In My Heart / She Never Really Loved Me" Mint. MB $90
  • Adam's Apples, Brunswick 78025 (promo). "You Are The One I Love" Mint in sleeve. MB $100

_______

Louise Neal was a black female disk jockey from North Carolina who had a 3-hour Soul/RnB/Blues show from the late 1950s through the mid-1960s. During that time, she collected thousands of (mostly) promo 45s at her home from the many record companies she was registered with for receiving promotional material--ABC, Atlantic/Atco, Chess/Checker/Cadet, Decca, Brunswick, Shout, Stax/Volt, Fame, Imperial, Jubilee, Okeh, Sue, Philles, SureFine, Vee-Jay, Kent, Duke, Bell, Paula/Ronn, Rojac, Peacock, Motown (all labels), Veep, Capitol, Modern, Dial, Jamie and many others. A large number of these precious 45s accumulated unopened in their original shipping packages after Neal left the business and moved to New York in 1967. (Also during 1963-65, when Neal had earlier left town.) Most are highly collectable and extremely rare Northern Soul singles with book Louise Nealvalues ranging well above $100... a few above $1,000! Many are pristine--unplayed and with a bare minimum of storage wear. Others may exhibit very light storage wear and/or an "x" marked on the label. A good many come in their original factory sleeve, some of which are rare and valuable on their own these days.

The collection also contains rarities and classics of interest to fans of RnB, Blues, Girl Groups, Doo Wop, and various other genres of Rock.

Louise Neal collection: Shipping packages for the promo 45sWe began selling records from the Louise Neal collection in June 2015, and it will take years for us to get through everything. To see what's for sale, what's already sold, and what's coming up, visit the Louise Neal Collection page on Classic 45s (https://www.classic45s.com/). We continue to add more details about the collection as time permits. This page shows all the Louise Neal 45s we've added to date (some have sold).

Edited by Classic45s
Updated auction status information.
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic