Four Tops " Still Waters Run Deep" info Required

Guest seatam59

Guest seatam59

Hi Guys,

Need some info from you very knowledgeable people. I have a Four Tops Album " Still Waters Run Deep" Tamla Motown Ref STMS 5063 this vinyl album has a greenish/ yellow centre blank on one side and on the other side has  the ref stms 5063 and the words Four Tops wrote in pen.

What type of record is this and what sort of value would it have.I have tried to Google thisi but not getting anywhere.

Hope you may be able to help me with this one.

Regards

Pablo.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

Need some info from you very knowledgeable people. I have a Four Tops Album " Still Waters Run Deep" Tamla Motown Ref STMS 5063 this vinyl album has a greenish/ yellow centre blank on one side and on the other side has  the ref stms 5063 and the words Four Tops wrote in pen.

What type of record is this and what sort of value would it have.I have tried to Google this I but not getting anywhere. Hope you may be able to help me with this one. Regards

Pablo.

Hi Pablo, not very much, I would guess about $20.00 tops. I saw a couple of these on Ebay some while ago, the seller asked quite high prices but neither of them sold. Could you post a scan of the labels ? 

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Hi these are ,EMI test presses. Usually 5 were made and sent to artists,managers to check quality before going for final labeling and sale,inthicase it would have gone to tamla motown label manager for approval. Ebay dealers will have you believe they hav e some mythical status,and high value,there lots about.The only valuable test presses,are very rare,unique items .Yours with the STMS prefix means it is avery common reissue of avery common STML original LP . My value to buy would be £5to £8. If you think not ask any independant soul dealer soul dealer to buy it off you I doubt if you would get any interest. The record market ,particularly NS one is awash with white label test vinyl .Ps  I Currently have a question on TMG test press Kim Weston,See look at your box Conchitta,and have had an overwhelming Nil Poir response,illustrating my point perfectly Best of luck LOL johnny

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!