Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Drew3

Using an IPad abroad-definitive answer please

We are about to go to Japan for a cruise.

We have a night in a hotel at Heathrow and then three nights in a hotel in Tokyo and then we pick up the cruise ship.

We will be taking our IPad and I am hoping to pick up some football whilst away on an App that someone has put me on to.

The question is, if I use this site (or any other for that matter) when I am using the hotel's or ship's WIFI, does that somehow get charged to my internet at home? I did not think it did but serveral people have told me to be carefull when others have said it won't cost me anything. 

I've tried googling this but not getting anything clear.

Is there any definitive advise/answer please?

Kind regards.

Drew.

I would imagine ship and hotel wifi is free but check when you register....if you have to register.  I doubt very much it will get charged to your ISP back home unless you are using a sim in your device and you are still logged on to that.

I would imagine ship and hotel wifi is free but check when you register....if you have to register.  I doubt very much it will get charged to your ISP back home unless you are using a sim in your device and you are still logged on to that.

wifi not free on cruise ships & dear !!

5 years ago on a cruise ship I logged onto their wi-fi on their equipment in like an IT suite, it was a pay as you go kind of thing with the total being added to your account to be settled at the end of the holiday, while they gave you the breakdown of what it would cost you didn't get a running total as you used it, the strangest thing was when I had finished it wouldn't let me log off, no matter what I did I couldn't log off, so I had to leave the PC with me logged on still,

I reported this at reception immediately and times were recorded etc and a note put on my account, a day or so later I asked for an update on my account, and there it was, use of wi-fi, I can't remember how much the total was but it was large enough to have a cheapskate like me in a panic yet maybe someone more affluent wouldn't have noticed it, I went back to reception and thankfully got it sorted, not sure what would have happened if I hadn't reported it, suppose I'm just saying be careful,

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts