Chris L

Has anyone ever got compensation from the Royal Mail ?

Has anyone ever sent something in the regular Royal Mail post and it's been lost and gotten compensation ? I was told that with a proof of posting you could get up to £30.00. I have entered a claim and only ever got an automated reply back. :huh:

Hi Chris,

I got a full refund for a damaged record caused by the post office in transit, took a while though and needed to supply enough proof that it was them who caused it, I did get nearly £200 compensation back. 

Phil.

Just got a cheque yesterday for £7.25 which is the full value of the postage I paid to send a letter International Tracked & Signed For to the USA which the Royal Mail failed to provide me with a signature/proof of delivery for.  The contents were just pieces of paper, so couldn't claim for value of contents...

I've had a couple of items go missing that were sent Recorded. For both of them I had to supply printed copies of everything off my ebay sales pages then fill out a form. First claim was for £20 which I received a cheque for..second one was for only a tenner so got books of first class stamps instead of a cheque.Bit of of a faff having to print out out all the pages,proof of posting etc plus forms but only took about a week for compensation to come through.

I've had record buyers claim successfully a few times with regular 1st class mail, they always used the paper form from the post office, never done it online.

I've said before, I get the buyer to claim as he has proof of payment (paypal), I usually get the form and fill it in for them and post it to the buyer with proof of postage etc., the buyer then adds in proof of payment and sends it to the Royal Mail.

Edited by Kegsy

Hi , I recently got £28 compensation back . You have to send your post receipt ,a photocopy of the eBay item ( if sold on eBay ) also a copy of your PayPal refund transaction..hey presto ,takes a few weeks to process ...Paul

As long as you have your proof of sale from Ebay and your proof of postage there`s no problem getting refunded. I think they give it 28 days of something but I claimed last year and got a full refund and apology.

Hi , I recently got £28 compensation back . You have to send your post receipt ,a photocopy of the eBay item ( if sold on eBay ) also a copy of your PayPal refund transaction..hey presto ,takes a few weeks to process ...Paul

I did it via internet they only asked for proof of posting, got 2 automated replies but nothing else. :(

I did it via internet they only asked for proof of posting, got 2 automated replies but nothing else. :(

Chris -- how long ago did you claim?  I filled in my claim form online and sent off a scan of my proof of posting and I got an automated reply and was waiting forever -- and then about six weeks later I got a cheque in the post -- so maybe you just need to wait a bit longer?  Fingers crossed!

Chris -- how long ago did you claim?  I filled in my claim form online and sent off a scan of my proof of posting and I got an automated reply and was waiting forever -- and then about six weeks later I got a cheque in the post -- so maybe you just need to wait a bit longer?  Fingers crossed!

Was July 1st, have a friend who works in a post office in Kent will call him today to see if he can do anything. :huh:

You should have a reference number from your claim that you can use to complain about your complaint....  :)  Even if they're not going to grant your claim, you should still receive a letter telling you that they're not granting it and why...  They can't just ignore you -- they are legally obliged to respond! 

You should have a reference number from your claim that you can use to complain about your complaint....  :)  Even if they're not going to grant your claim, you should still receive a letter telling you that they're not granting it and why...  They can't just ignore you -- they are legally obliged to respond! 

and legally obliged for you to not accept their decision, I've had their decision overturned in the past, only once, but it was worth the hassle.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.