Help with a couple of Crossover Records

Paulmc

I wrote down some cryptic notes turns that I cannot trace, so I think I must have them wrong

First is Jimmy Thompson Giving up on Love (I have Lady L written next to it) Cannot find it on Youtube.

Second is a track from an LP Street Opera With a Blue Walk by the Village People.

I'd love to stand corrected any offers?

Thanks Paul

Social source share

I wrote down some cryptic notes turns that I cannot trace, so I think I must have them wrong

First is Jimmy Thompson Giving up on Love (I have Lady L written next to it) Cannot find it on Youtube.

Second is a track from an LP Street Opera With a Blue Walk by the Village People.

Thanks Paul

here you go mate.

Social source share

Thanks Paul

The first track is Johnny Thomson - Given Up On Love on Jay-Tee, and Lady L – was recent release,  tracks were 'Tonite ' and 'Loves Master Plan' great track... JT worth 70-100 i guess, sold mine some years back for £70..

good luck mate

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/johnnytthompson

Still going strong ,below are album notes,well he was ,a few years ago

Album Notes

JOHNNY THOMPSON is a native of Chicago, but currently resides in Orlando, Florida. His vast musical history is far too much to detail completely. However, a very short list of performers with whom Johnny has shared a stage are: B. B. King, Freddy King, Bobby 'Blue' Bland, Little Milton, Johnnie Taylor, Tyrone Davis, James Brown, Muddy Waters, Jackie Wilson and Junior Wells. Johnny's first record, SO MUCH GOING FOR YOU BABY, was on the Chess label. He later released MAIN SQUEEZE for NewMiss records, hitting the top twenty charts nationwide. This record was how the term 'main squeeze' came into being. Johnny ventured out to on his own label and production company, releasing GIVING UP ON LOVE on his Jay-Tee label. For several years, he was on the road with BILL PINKNEY'S ORIGINAL DRIFTERS, touring all over the world. Johnny is now back as a solo artist with his new CD titled GIRL I LOVE YOU, a perfect selection of music for you and your main squeeze. This CD showcases Johnny's diverse talent, exercising his expertise and smooth styling in a collection of ballads and blues.

Read less....

Edited by John C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!