August Across The Board Soulful Sales! Sweet Deep Modern Northern 45s

Harrogatesoul

Afternoon folks. Here's August/Septembers Across The Board list. The usual mix of all things soulful. Some great n cheap deep/modern/sweet/northern etc winners to fill yer boots with. PM to reserve please. All clips are from You Tube for reference only. Payment by Pay-pal as gift fully appreciated. Pay-pal ID: soulful45s@gmail.com
Thanks for looking and hope you find something of interest!

Postage:
UK: £2.00 up to 5 45s. Add 25p per disc after that. Recorded add extra 50p to total. 
Europe: £4.00 for first 45 then add 50p per 45. Special Delivery £12.00
ROW: £5.00 for first 45 then 50p for each 45 after that. Special Delivery £12.00

1. The Green Berets - I've Got To Be Loved / Too Young (Uni) £10 NOW £8
(Wonderful group/sweet 45. In nice prig. Uni sleeve too!)
Listen!

2. Claudell McKell - Experience Is The Best Teacher / You Can Make It If You Try (Branding Iron) £15 NOW £10
(Bouncy northern dancer flipped with a nice southern style ballad work out.Slight wear to label nothing to worry about)
Listen!!

3. Ronnie Walker - It's A Good Feelin' / Precious (ABC) £10 SOLD
(Jimmy Bishop produced HDH written and philly legend Ronnie makes a winner in my book. Nice bongos too! BUT the flip is the side for me - Wonderful slice of atmospheric philly sweet soul. Brilliant!)

Listen!! Listen!!

4. Dave Love - Baby Hard Times / You Painted Me Blue (Worlds) £8 SOLD
(Always loved this swinging slice of JJ Jackson produced soul. Flip is worthy of attention too - Nice finger snapping ditty indeed!)

Listen! Listen!!

5. Fluorescent Smogg - All My Life (S.S) £25 NOW £20
(Unplayed copy of the Jazzman re-issue. Of course $$$$ on original. Wonderful wonderful record)

Listen!!

6. Roy C - Loneliness Has Got A Hold On Me / If I Could Love You Forever (Mercury) £5

(Oooh!! Backed with the Honey Drippers Roy gives us a southern gem backed with a killer deep soul cut. brilliant real soul.)
Listen!! Listen!!

7. Ike Noble - We Got To Hold On / She's All I Got (Smoke) £40 NOW £30

(Wonderful and under rated cut from Ike.)

Listen!!

8. Jades - Baby I'm By Your Side / For Just Another Day (Verve DJ) £8 NOW £5
(Trade martin at the helm on these full on strings laden femme spector-ish soul sides)

Listen!!

9. Whispers - You Must Be Doing All Right / I'm The One (Soul Clock) £6 NOW £4

(Fabulous soulful group finger clicking soul flipped with a supremely and brilliant soulful group crossover cut.

Listen!! Listen!!

10. Virgil Griffin - A Forgotten Lover / If You Can't Go Don't (Reginald) £8 NOW £6
(Greenville Mississippi mournful deep soul. Flip is a classic R&B dancer)

Listen!! Listen!!

11. Chi Lites - Livin In The Footsteps Of Another Man (Brunswick) £4 NOW £3

(Great version. Impeccable 70s group soul.)

Listen!!

12. Ollie Nightingale - Standing On Your Promise / It's A Sad Thing (Memphis) £4

(2 classic sides of southern soul greatness from one of the greats. 'Promise' just shades it for me. Superb stuff)

Listen!! Listen!!

13. Howard Tate - I Learned It All The Hard Way / Part Time Love (Verve - Blue) £4 SOLD
(Absolute legend. 'Learned' just soars into the soulful stratosphere. Play it loud, often and slightly tipsy..It get's ya! Fine head flippin' blues-ier flip!)

Listen!! Listen!!

14. Ethics - Look At Me Now (Vent) VG £8 SOLD

(Classic and great dancer. Label is a little grubby and there's a few marks/surface scratches but plays fine n dandy)

Listen!!

15. Bigfoot - I Apologize (Sue) £5 NOW £4

(Bouncy groovy soulful head nodding finger snapping coolness. love it. )

Listen!!

16. JJ&G - That's What I Get (For loving you) £20 NOW £15
(Super soulful group/sweet/crossover cut)

Listen!!

17. James Hazlehurst - I Won't Die (Swar) £12 NOW £10

(Fabulous n lovely side cut at the Malaco studios. Labels right way round too as a lot are reversed)

Listen!!

18. Class - Do You Love Me (T-Jaye) £15 NOW £10

(Classy 80s stepper)

Listen!!

19. Silk Satin & Lace - Always / Vows Of Love (Sunrise) £40 SOLD

(1st spare I've ever had. 2 excellent memphis sweet soul/modern steppers. Fantastic record.)

Listen!! Listen!!

20. Benny Johnson - Visions Of Paradise (Today) £5

(Probably in my all time top 5. Never tire of hearing this classic piece of 70s soul. The times I've sang along (badly) to this after a few glasses of red.... folks buy records at a hundred times this price and some aren't fit to polish the shoes of Benny J's greatest moment)

Listen!!

21. Mighty Clouds Of Joy - Time (UK ABC) £4

(Tears along - fab 70s gospel dancer from a supreme group.)

Listen!!

22. Heaven & Earth - Guess Who's Back In Town / No Limit (Mercury) £5 NOW £4

(Fabulous soulful group soul from this great act. Flip is a neat 70s dancer that's more than worthy of a few spins)

Listen!! Listen!!

23. Marilyn Haywood - Mama's Baby / Think About It (Silver Fox) £5 NOW £4

(Oooh I like this southern tinged Chicago R&B dancer!)

Listen!!

24. Bobby Patterson - Right Place Wrong Time / I Got A Suspicion (All Platinum) £5 NOW £4

(Sold a fair few of these for the 'superstition' type funky dancer on the flip (which is good!) however the 'other' side is well... just one slice of southern soul magic from Bobby - Knock-out real soul from one of the true greats. )

listen!!  Listen!!

25. WJ Moore & The Dynamic Upsetters - Shame Shame Shame (Gutter) £5 SOLD

(Wonderful uplifting finger clicking cut from 85. Fab version of the Classic Sullivans.  Hard not to smile when hearing this!)

Listen!!

26. Carol Dionne - I'm In Love With You (Gateway) £15 SOLD

(Had a box of these and thought they'd all gone. Found 1 spare. Slinky 70s cut.)

Listen!!

27. Nobles - That Special One (USA DJ) £15 NOW £10

(Nice blue eyed soul on this great Chicago label)

Listen!!

28. Charles Brinkley - I'll Be What You Want Me To Be (Music Machine) £10 SOLD

(One of those tough to classify - deep group crossover? Whatever it is - I know it's a fine fine slice of soul.)

Listen!!

29. Syl Johnson - I've Got To Get Over / Falling In Love Again (TMP-Ting) £8 NOW £5

(Another legend. Here with two great brass n piano mid tempo dancers. 2 fab sides)

listen!! Listen!!

30. 33 1/3 - Treat Her Right (Mr Love Man) / Part 2 (Slew) £30 NOW £20

(Odd artist name award here but a fabulous gritty funky northern-ish stomper cut here. Some slight sticker residue on label)

Listen!!

Edited by harrogatesoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now