How Much

Jstarr

• Replies 37
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Am I missing something here. Fabulous record but the price has staggered me. Sorry, at work so can't put in a url link. e-bay item no. 331633397638  FESTIVALS You've Got The Makings Of A Lover MASTERPIECE crossover northern soul

Got mine for £1.00 in a soul pack from Ian Levine !!

Am I missing something here. Fabulous record but the price has staggered me. Sorry, at work so can't put in a url link. e-bay item no. 331633397638  FESTIVALS You've Got The Makings Of A Lover MASTERPIECE crossover northern soul

Incredible, guess there's gonna be a lot of people out there putting their copies up for sale !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331633397638?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_udlo%3D%26_udhi%3D%26_ftrt%3D901%26_ftrv%3D1%26_sabdlo%3D%26_sabdhi%3D%26_samilow%3D%26_samihi%3D%26_sadis%3D15%26_stpos%3DCT19%2B4ET%26_sop%3D1%26_dmd%3D1%26_ipg%3D50%26_nkw%3D331633397638%26_rdc%3D1

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Guest son of stan

A good but verry common record, I would have thought..It seems.lots of us are  becoming disenfranchised from collecting this music..

The role of collectors cannot be overlooked and things like this kind of confirm my feeling that the rare soul scene as we knew it is beyond its last legs.  It may survive as rich people playing their expensive records to fashionistas and tourists but who the fuck signed up for that?

I can't see  some Stafford-Stafford-style reinvention coming along.. Maybe there could be a relaxation/ acceptance on playing US black American house records, stuff off CD and a code of honour on not starting threads on here about any new discovery or popular record on here!. But I can't seriously see that ever happening! Or even the will from those involved these days to make it happen...

Sorry for the doom and gloom!

Social source share

holly knickers I've had the issue since 78 50p Sam had yellow demo converting all my issues to demo got it in a bundle probs 30 ish sold issue for 20 that's realistic since 50 p in seventies is twenty now that's right 100 wow such a great tune both sides these are the stuff we are digging out now for brid Radcliffe and other forward thinking venues it feels so good again to be part of the crowd ,Brighouse Friday Donald palm of hand, perigents rampage, Charles wright keep saying just love underplayed stuff don't need to be rare!!!!

Social source share

I sold mine to a mate for 50p (Early 90's) 'cause he really wanted it and I wasn't that keen on it (Carol Anderson that is) I have no regrets about doing so. It's best to ignore what others may wish to pay for records - just choose whatever you want to pay / sell for.

The Festivals - Beautiful record :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

The festivals was a daft price - But the one that got to me was " The family Underground" £125 for something released just a few years ago 3-4 I think! Now its agreat record but just shows how the scene is well and truly Phooked as I have been saying for the last couple of years!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

• 3 years later...
59 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

You don't happen to know who did it and did they do any others ?

No, don't know who exactly. Might be tied to Norwalk Records as they a few back in the day. There's a few others I've seen, sometimes with different label names but usually the same combination of tunes. 

Social source share

On 27/08/2015 at 02:22, JStarr said:

How much was it ?  The link don't work here

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Sebastian said:

It sold for $487. I was the seller. 4 years ago. It was bizarre. I recieved the payment without any problems, from a UK buyer. I couldn't believe it.

Got me wires crossed,thought it was the wider distributed Smash issue at first and was gob smacked,then scrolled up to find it to be the much harder local issue

Regards

Kev

Edited by Kev Cane
Social source share

3 hours ago, Kev Cane said:

Got me wires crossed,thought it was the wider distributed Smash issue at first and was gob smacked,then scrolled up to find it to be the much harder local issue

Regards

Kev

It was the red SMASH issue that sold for $487:

https://gripsweat.com/item/331633397638/festivals-youve-got-the-makings-of-a-lover-masterpiece-crossover-northern-soul

The first release was on Smash. All other releases are reissues or bootlegs.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!