chalky

House Of Lords

lost your seat at the election...well have one in the Lords old boy!

it's time this over bloated excuse for, by some, a jolly was done away with.  Maybe an elected 2nd chamber to serve the same as the House Of Commons.

45 new peers today, 26 Tories, 11 Lib Dems and just 8 from Labour, hardly reflective of todays society which is what Cameron wanted.  Cameron has said it won't now be reformed.

The costs to the Tax Payer is huge........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34072201

Who is in the House of Lords?

• In 2014/15 the average daily attendance was 483 peers
  • Members who certify that they have carried out "appropriate Parliamentary work" in Westminster are entitled to claim a tax-free daily allowance of £300
  • They can chose to claim a lower rate of £150 for work away from Westminster or official visits
  • According to the latest House of Lords Annual Report, net operating costs for the chamber totalled £94.4m for 2014/15
  • Of this, £20.7m was spent on members' allowances and expenses

300 or 150 quid, nice spot of subsidised lunch and fine wine's to accompany, don't mind if I do old bean. Nice work if you can get it.

There was a bloke on the radio earlier, one pf his friends is a Peer, well a Dame.  He went for lunch, two courses of the finest food and a glass of some of the finest wine for £13. I bet the wine was two or three times that for the bottle and we subsidise the parasites.

You'd think with £300 expenses they could pay the full price.

I wonder how many of the average 483 parasites actually worked.  I know some do a good job keeping the commons in check but surely it is out of control now.  We have invaded countries in the name of democracy yet we have this unelected bunch of parasites fleecing the country of a huge amount of money.  Money that could be better spent on the NHS or the armed forces and other public services.  Everyone has had to suffer austerity and cuts yet theses carry one regardless.

How a modern democracy can put up with this old boys club, stuffed with has beens or never have beens granted a favour by their mates, is beyond me.

The whole thing needs to be dramatically downscaled and brought up to date. Electing members and reducing the number to, say, 300 might be a good place to start.

There was a bloke on the radio earlier, one pf his friends is a Peer, well a Dame.  He went for lunch, two courses of the finest food and a glass of some of the finest wine for £13. I bet the wine was two or three times that for the bottle and we subsidise the parasites.

You'd think with £300 expenses they could pay the full price.

re reading somewhere bout the tender for beverage supply contract for Westminster, it out lined that goods shouldn't be run of the mill high St quality, so take lambrini ain't on the menu or white lightning. 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.