Johnny Sayles boot or good

Patto

Hi Guys

Recently J.M Auctioned off a Demo copy of Johnny Sayes--My Loves a monster.In the sales notes he explained that the real ones in both issue and demo are identified from the counterfeit by the matrix number being upside down.Now in discussion with a couple of people i have had differing opinions on what upside down actually is on the run out.So i have taken a pic of my copys marix looking from outside edge in.Could someone please tell me if its a good un or not.

PATTODSCF3714.thumb.JPG.27eb9f9e1463eaf18fb90DSCF3715.thumb.JPG.0257961a70500fc44b67f

Social source share

Can anyone please tell me if my copy in first post is a legit original,would really like confirmation either way.someone must know for certain out there.Didnt pay much for it but need to know before playing or selling it if it goes in the boot box or originals box.

Social source share

Yours has 7T's typo. So it's a 7T's thing. Either way a bootleg or a second issue.

Ok thanks for that so the boots also have the upside down matrix as in my photo.One to kick in the boot box then.Cheers for that

Edited by Patto
Social source share

Hi Guys

Recently J.M Auctioned off a Demo copy of Johnny Sayes--My Loves a monster.In the sales notes he explained that the real ones in both issue and demo are identified from the counterfeit by the matrix number being upside down.Now in discussion with a couple of people i have had differing opinions on what upside down actually is on the run out.So i have taken a pic of my copys marix looking from outside edge in.Could someone please tell me if its a good un or not.

PATTODSCF3714.thumb.JPG.27eb9f9e1463eaf18fb90DSCF3715.thumb.JPG.0257961a70500fc44b67f

Sorry Patto its the boot 

You are lookin' at it from the wrong angle !

Social source share

T

Sorry Patto its the boot 

You are lookin' at it from the wrong angle !

Thanks Kev story of my life always coming in at the wrong angle.It appears that many people own the boot and dont realise so im just glad to clarify mine.Its not a big expensive tune at least and ill sell it as a boot

• Helpful 1
Social source share

T

Thanks Kev story of my life always coming in at the wrong angle.It appears that many people own the boot and dont realise so im just glad to clarify mine.Its not a big expensive tune at least and ill sell it as a boot

If it's any consolation Craig Moerer has sold boots as originals, so lots of people get duped by the inverted matrix bit.

Social source share

If it's any consolation Craig Moerer has sold boots as originals, so lots of people get duped by the inverted matrix bit.

He once sold me a bunch of Johnny Sayles - Can't get enough - thinking they were re-issues and in fact they were originals (was a very, very long time ago)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!