Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

mike

Wales are set to jump above England in the Fifa rankings for the first t

seeing how certain parts of the soul source setup are located in Wales  then think worth a pass on

:D

Wales are set to jump above England in the Fifa rankings for the first time ahead of Thursday's Euro 2016 qualifier against Cyprus in Nicosia.

Chris Coleman's team will hold on to their best position of ninth, while England will drop to 10th.

Beating Cyprus would leave Wales within one win of qualifying for next year's European Championships in France.

Wales manager Coleman said the new rankings would be a "confidence boost" but said success was making Euro 2016.

"We've been low in the rankings and had that rubbed in our face many a time," he said.

"Now we're doing very well, certain people want to say the rankings are this and they're that, but the players deserve that.

I think it's well deserved. It always amazes me how high England are up the rankings considering we haven't beat a decent team in a competitive match for 15 years.

Not wishing to take anything away from Wales it is abouta time a proper credible ranking system was implemented.  There is a link in the above link telling you how they work it out.  Both laughably abpve Spain and the Netherlands. Italy and Uraguay both below them as well and I doubt either team would beat any of the four mentioned.

Not wishing to take anything away from Wales it is abouta time a proper credible ranking system was implemented.  There is a link in the above link telling you how they work it out.  Both laughably abpve Spain and the Netherlands. Italy and Uraguay both below them as well and I doubt either team would beat any of the four mentioned.

have to smile as thought of this post Chalky when saw that holland lost to iceland and italy just beat Malta 1 -0 

but yep get and agree with the gist of what you are saying

anyway guess a  1-0 over win cyprus doesn't really do much to justify the rankings but a win on saturday means they go through

Great result for Wales. I haven't seen the goal yet but gather it was a superb header. It must all those Palace players (past & present) in the squad pulling them through (as well as Gareth Bale :D)

have to smile as thought of this post Chalky when saw that holland lost to iceland and italy just beat Malta 1 -0 

but yep get and agree with the gist of what you are saying

anyway guess a  1-0 over win cyprus doesn't really do much to justify the rankings but a win on saturday means they go through

Top marks to Wales Mike, they've done great and hopefully they wil get the win to qualify.  But I doubt England, Wales, Iceland or Malta would beat the Dutch or Italy when it comes down to the crunch.  I mean are Belgium the second best team in the world?  They are good but not that good.

But I doubt England, Wales, Iceland or Malta would beat the Dutch or Italy when it comes down to the crunch.

Iceland beat the Dutch in Amsterdam last night!
The Dutch are third in the table and in danger of failing to qualify. Maybe they should get Van Gaal back
:)

have to smile as thought of this post Chalky when saw that holland lost to iceland and italy just beat Malta 1 -0 but yep get and agree with the gist of what you are saying anyway guess a  1-0 over win cyprus doesn't really do much to justify the rankings but a win on saturday means they go through

Have to agree, Belgium ranked Nr.2 made heavy weather beating Cyprus 1 - 0, goal coming in 84th minute.......................

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts