Bob Kuban and the IN-MEN - The Cheater Aussie Test Press and demo

Mal C

:-)) Been smiling at these two all week, Aussie Test Pressing and demo of the classic Bob Kuban and the IN-MEN - The Cheater. Read that Festival didn't make too many test presses, upto 6 to test the process, so they are very rare...

Bob Kuban & the In Men-Test Pressing.jpg

Bob Kuban & In Men-Demo.jpg

and this NZ Okaysions, not a rare record at all, but dig that sleeve, I had to have it...

Okaysions-NZ.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The Bob Kuban is a bootleg, quite an oddity really as they didn't seem to do a lot of bootlegging in Australia, I've been told it had something to do with Dixons records in Blackburn (Victoria not Lancs) and they also did a similar boot of Tony Pass "Spring Fever". The sound quality on all the copies I've had is poor. BTW Stateside was never part of the Festival group of labels, but you know that Mal!

Social source share

hey frank, An Aussie boot, made to look like a Aussie test press, well it fooled the bloke I bought it off,  and me! never come across any Aussie boots...

As for the group of labels, would it be right to say most got their 45's pressed at the same plant? Ive asked about but info has always been scant...

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!