Limited Pressed 45s

Russoul1

hi all, after reading the frank popp topic, i know that there are alot of 45s that have limited

pressing, one that comes to mind which i have been recently playing out is

JEAN CARTER - I BET YOU - SUNFLOWER, im led to believe that this 45 as a limited

press of 500 copies same as frank popp, it is listed in manships rarest of the rare.

so my question is, what price do you put on this 45? and does that mean that the frank popp sorry POP deserve to feature in rarest of the rare?

what do you think?

russ

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think its put in that catergory purely for its auction potential and like it stated in the other post of this particular track that JM obviously knows his customers and its a case of supply and demand and getting the best price possible because after all said and done JM is a business man and earns his living this way, to some its a lot of money but to some its what they personally value it at and are more than willing to pay what it takes for a copy of thier most wanted of wants.

i could be totally wrong though which would`nt surprise me. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Re limited amount of issues, one label that only issues between 250 & 500 is the Hayley label and some top tunes as well both unissued stuff and hard to get stuff but always a limited run, Take the Sy Hightower one for instance only 250 pressed, monster modern sound and still only a £10 and this the first time ever on vinyl.

cheers Ruffsounds

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I don't think a limited press should ever equal a high value. It's only part of the equation.

Price is determined by quality + rarity + popularity + availability. The greatest 45s hit all of these points. I'd rather buy an available quality 45 any day of the week than one which is meerly 'rare'.

matt

Social source share

I don't think a limited press should ever equal a high value. It's only part of the equation.

Price is determined by quality + rarity + popularity + availability. The greatest 45s hit all of these points. I'd rather buy an available quality 45 any day of the week than one which is meerly 'rare'.

matt

+ Label,some people buy em` cause of the label..... :yes: Like Kent,sort of a guarantee of quality.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!