Shake 'n' Shimmy Rhythm 'n' Soul Weekend

Guest Rowly

post-1305-1100541305_thumb.jpgSHAKE 'N' SHIMMY RHYTHM 'N' SOUL WEEKEND

News of two cracking nights coming up in December at The Pleasure Unit, 359 Bethnal Green Road, London E2.

SHAKE! International Christmas Party

Friday 3rd December 2004

A very special all-star International guest DJ party edition of Shake!

Stoming soul, raucous R&B, Motown monsters, funky jazzy tunes, low down blues, Hammond grooves - all the great dancey smashes - past, present and future.

Flying in from Sweden we have Richard Karstrom of Uppers-infamy; from Barcelona, another of Europe's movers and shakers, Eneida Fever; and all the way from the US of A, record fiend extrodinaire, Ty Jesso. Whilst I'll be doing the stuff for the UK.

Should be one helluva party. 8 until 2. Admission FREE. But, as always, I'm sure you could treat our guests to a beer or two...

Then...

SHIMMY! R&B Spectacular

Saturday 4th December 2004

A one-off Saturday night affair with the emphasis firmly on some hot rocking, harp driven R&B. From all those early Excello and Chess masterpieces, to the Sue label classics, the obscure label recordings, right up to the late 60's Galaxy stuff.

DJs: Whitechapel R&B supremo, Richard Mayes , Ian Rowland (who no doubt be adding some Funky / jazzy sounds) and me (again!) are joined for their last gig before next summer by LONG TALL SHORTY. LTS's new bluesy sound has been creating a stir lately. Come and see what the fuss is all about!

8 until 2. Admission a fiver. Get down early for this one!

Thanks everyone,

Mark Raison

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

Guest in town Mikey

Rowly

Good to meet you at the 100 club anni.

Whenever I hear Shimmy I think of 'Eat's finest hour.

"I saw the fatman do the shimmy

And he shimmied, like he didnt give a shit.

I wish

I could shimmy like the fatman".

I wonder if Paul Noble tried to sell that song to Gabrielle?

(He wrote 'Dreams', and sold it to her for 20 grand. Songwriter YES, business man NO he he).

That's true Rowly.  Providing you have a high tolerance of R&B.  Whatever that means these days...

link

Think still means Rhythm & Blues, Monk. Does in my book anyway!! :):P