Prestatyn Motown Weekender-who's Going?

Reg

I'm mulling over whether or not to go to Prestatyn next month-dj lineup looks good, I like the acts that are playing, but...I had some bad reports about last year at Hemsby so I'm not completely decided yet. Anybody going off here? I know PaulB mentioned he may be,anyone else I know?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm mulling over whether or not to go to Prestatyn next month-dj lineup looks good, I like the acts that are playing, but...I had some bad reports about last year at Hemsby so I'm not completely decided yet. Anybody going off here? I know PaulB mentioned he may be,anyone else I know?

:yes: Reg

I went to the one at hemsby last year wasn't really my bag, but the pub always had something a little differnt, being a main room lurker most of the time i was there it was mainly your typical oldies do but the music got much better after about 3am in the main hall, still had a great laugh not sure of line up ect of the prestatyn one will see if i can find it :lol:

In case anyone doesn't know The Contours, JJ Barnes,The Andantes and The Masqueraders are all appearing plus some surprise guest apearances as well ALL INCLUDED IN THE PRICE.

Arena 1 northern soul all-nighters featuring

Ginger Taylor, Kenny Burell Mick H Roger Banks, Sean Chapman etc plus saturday show

& loads more DJs see the flyers

Arena 2" Motown & Soul Party Classic & Commercial Soul from accross the decades

Arena 3 Queen Vic rare Motown, Quizes, Bisley boys session

Arena 4 Crossover & Modern soul

Soul sam, Andy Whitmore, Steve Hobbs, mick Farrer, Cliff Steel ,Tats, Kev Laws, Arthur fenn, Dave Rippolies, John Weston & Guests

Found this Reg, looks like there is quite a good line up there, more rooms to choose from ect than the hemsby one :yes:

Dont miss this one Reg it will be a great weekend, lot's of people attending, good venue, with a good choice of music.

Not to be missed

D

Hi Reg.

I had similar concerns and started a thread here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33463

We've booked, we always try to do a weekender at this time of year but don't fancy Blackpool, so we thought we'd give it a try. I'd normally avoid Motown tagged events, but the DJ list looks OK and at the end of the day it's what you make it and it's a few days away from the kids :yes: .

Kev

The nights will be getting a bit cool by then Reg! :D

Just working on the DJ times for the event

4 rooms NOT Motown based this time although represented through out the rooms and acts appearing.

We had RAVE reviews from last years events with everyone enjoying it and the more laid back atmosphere plus we had excellent weather, surprised at opening comments on this thread prehaps came from someone who did not go !!?

Booking line 0870 604 5606 prices from £25 for 3 nights including accom.

A PROPER FULL WEEKENDER all acts staying on centre and available to be met.

More to follow.

Rob & Karen

nah, come on down to south normanton whistling.gif

?????

Whats this about, not acceptable telling people to go somewhere else, more than welcome to start another thread up for it. but not on this or any other events thread.

Baz