Valuation for Big Daddy Rogers "I'm a Big Man" on Midas

Foxman

Hey folks,

Hoping someone can give me an indication of what Big Daddy Rogers' "I'm a Big Man" on Midas is going for at the moment. Have checked the prices on popsike/collectorsfrenzy but any further input would be helpful, mainly so when I put a want post for the record that I'm not caught short for coin.

Cheers

Adam

Social source share

Guest trickbag
BIG DADDY ROGERS, I'M A BIG MAN
spacer.gif
spacer.gifzoom_wht.gifenlargeBrady

Artist:BIG DADDY ROGERS
spacer.gif
Title:I'M A BIG MAN
spacer.gif
Label:MIDAS
spacer.gif
Condition:M-
spacer.gif
Time Left :-40m
Ends 03/03/2015 17:00:00 BST
spacer.gif
Starting Bid: £100.00
spacer.gif
Highest Bid:£460.00
spacer.gif
Details:ONE OF THE BIGGEST R&B/NORTHERN DANCERS OF THE PAST DECADE. IT'S ON 50+ WANTS LISTS & THAT'S WHY WE'VE AUCTIONED IT....
BEAUTIFUL CONDITION COPY TOO....
spacer.gif
 Listen to I'M A BIG MAN

BIG%20DADDY%20ROGERS%20%20LARGE.jpgPat Brady sold this one 6 months ago.

may be a little too much,think you could get

one a bit cheaper.

ricky.

Social source share

Well I never..

It's very kindly been pointed out to me that there is in fact a P-Vine Lp that DOES contain a version of Big Man the same tempo as the Midas 45 - with an extended intro to boot!

The album I referred to is (from memory) a double album - a blues and R'n'B compilation.. Have to keep an eye out for the one with the extended intro now !! :rofl:

This vinyl lark doesn't get any easier, does it :lol:

Social source share

Now I'm just totally confused !!

Okay, the clip above is certainly more upbeat than the cut i referred to in my first post - and it's probably my recollection of it more than anything.. But I am now believing this is THE same track we are all talking about, as it is defo the same LP I had, and the one I was referring to regarding the bluesy production as opposed the down & dirty gritty r'n'b' production offered on the Midas 45  ?? 

Can anyone confirm if the Chi-Town Blues & Soul LP is a double??

Social source share

Yes, sorry.. I was more thinking aloud in my reference to one and the same LP - I mistakenly assumed there to be two different LP's and two alt versions based on a pm I received and which I read more into than there actually was.. 

Are we all keeping up with my self ramblings ??

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Now I'm just totally confused !!

Okay, the clip above is certainly more upbeat than the cut i referred to in my first post - and it's probably my recollection of it more than anything.. But I am now believing this is THE same track we are all talking about, as it is defo the same LP I had, and the one I was referring to regarding the bluesy production as opposed the down & dirty gritty r'n'b' production offered on the Midas 45  ?? 

Can anyone confirm if the Chi-Town Blues & Soul LP is a double??

Yes. Big Daddy alt. cut is 4th track , side D . Have played it out at mod/rnb events to a good reaction incl. dancers 

Social source share

Yes. Big Daddy alt. cut is 4th track , side D . Have played it out at mod/rnb events to a good reaction incl. dancers 

Phew !! Thanks for that Andy.  So it was just my personal memory of the cut and my placing it in the 'blues' section of my already failing memory's filing system.

At least I'm not TOTALLY insane..

YET !! :rofl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It was that time at Winsford Steve - toward the end of my last set.. Just after playing 'I Have No Choice' (J. Mae Matthews) and a smidgeon before (Lee McKinney) 'I'll Keep Holding On' kicked in.. :rofl: At least, that's the last I can remember :wicked:

I'm good buddy, and hoping to have a catch up at Rugby on Saturday ?? Can't believe it'll be four years to the day I hung up the headphones & mic :ohmy:

Sorry.. off topic - your fault Steve !!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!