Emmerdale does Northern Soul

Just seen the following posted on Facebook. Perhaps old news, but it's new news to me. Or is it just a wind-up (whoever wrote it can't spell "Emmerdale"!)?

We are looking for all you soulies to come along to Moortown Social Club for a TV appearance.
ITV's Emerdale will be filming an episode featuring Northern Soul at the club.
If you fancy a cameo TV appearance then let me know as they are asking for numbers...

Please come dressed to dance.... If you can't dance Northern but still want to fill the seats let me know to....
PLEASE DON'T JUST TURN UP.....

Please message for more information or text me on 07714465786

Lets show the rest of Britain that Leeds has loads of soul....

https://www.facebook.com/events/1898064107086112/

Edited by Russell Gilbert
Social source share

I unfortunately caught an episode of an awful daytime soap called Doctors the other week. a Caribbean chappie was playing The Elgins, Heaven must Have Sent you and he explained "this is my dads music, Tony Hestor, Billy Butler", later on he was playing Landslide, then Sliced Tomatoes was used while they were sorting out records, then at the end was Tobi legend!!!!

Sorry if it's been mentioned before.

Paul

Social source share

Is it true that Amos Brierly recorded for Motown as Amos Milburn?

And can anyone comment on him laying down studio time with Granny Ryan as the North Yorkshire Hillbillies?

Dx

PS Watch out for sheep on the dancefloor - oh sorry that's already a problem.

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

The Emmerdale script writers missed a trick here.  If they'd have combined the recent helicopter crash with this upcoming northern soul night scene, we could have quoted it as one of the things that is killing the northern scene in the other thread, then the tourists and nostalgia crowd would leave believing that the scene had literally been killed off.

Social source share

The Emmerdale script writers missed a trick here.  If they'd have combined the recent helicopter crash with this upcoming northern soul night scene, we could have quoted it as one of the things that is killing the northern scene in the other thread, then the tourists and nostalgia crowd would leave believing that the scene had literally been killed off.

Yes, but then it would become a shrine for people to visit - like the Wigan shopping centre. :lol:

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!