Last Big Discovery?

Drew3

For me personally it has to be Margaret Little - Love finds away,its just a superb piece of uplifting Detroit Soul.Feel good music that you can lose yourself to when dancing. :lol:

Best

Molly

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have to agree with you Chalky.... Masqueraders c /up is without doubt THE best thing i've heard for at least the last 10 years... INCREDIBLE TUNE!!

It would still be an incredible tune if all it cost was a fiver... and everyone of us could have one!! :D

Who knows... it could be... :D

Cant say i have heard the Masqueraders track ----- soundclip anyone?

Grant

Social source share

God... i wish Grant!!

Ha... you never know... when Butch reads this... he might just post one ... :P

What about a description then Joan...fast, mid-tempo, slowy, similarity to...? etc, or does anyone have a soundlip from a Butch spot they have recorded?

whistling.gif Grant

Social source share

What about a description then Joan...fast, mid-tempo, slowy, similarity to...? etc, or does anyone have a soundlip from a Butch spot they have recorded?

whistling.gif Grant

It's a real dancer Grant.... similar in tempo to the Magnetics - I have a Girl and When i'm with my Baby... and every bit as good ... in fact better i'd say... hard to believe but so true!!

INCREDIBLE TUNE!

PS: Record one of Butch's spots ... no one's hard enough :P

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

In my opinion "Margaret Littles" is an interesting piece of Detroit Soul, to which I have my own theory (please feel free to add any constructive thoughts). John Anderson pretty well had a lot of stuff off Popcorn Wylie, and then subsequently others followed(e.g Guy Hennigan) yet nobody turned up a copy? Someone then commented to me about the vocal, saying that "Popcorn" would never have used a vocalist this poor, with all the talent literally on his doorstep, whch, if you forget the superb backing and concentrate on the vocals, it's no Pat Lewis/Martha Starr/Rose Batiste!! Now in BASIC financial terms there are Two ways of having a record released, the company records you, or you pay them to record you, often referred to as a "custom" record (e.g. The Vondells, on "Airtowns" custom subsidiary) and you therefore get the number of discs you paid for and f*** off with them. I think that Margaret did just that, hence, apparently no copies at the Wylie household, as he was paid to do a job.

As far as New discoveries go, the "Two Plus Two" on "Velgo" was a surprise when I first heard & saw it about 5 Years ago, now how did that one remain hidden!

Des Parker

I can't remember were I heard this story but isn't Margaret Littles Popcorn Wylies postmans daughter, and he was persuaded to record her. If this is true then the numbers pressed up would have been extremely limited, and most probably were hand distributed among family and school friends. Personally the flip side is the better side , not as uptempo but definately better. As with all rarities a lot of people out there still don't know the record due to it rarity compared to something like Joe Jamma, were most of the named DJ's have a copy so gets played more often, and gains mass appeal. :thumbsup:
Social source share

It's a real dancer Grant.... similar in tempo to the Magnetics - I have a Girl and When i'm with my Baby... and every bit as good ... in fact better i'd say... hard to believe but so true!!

INCREDIBLE TUNE!

PS: Record one of Butch's spots ... no one's hard enough :lol:

A concise description comes from my old mate Big Harry from Aberdeen when he knocked me out of the way at the Lifeline weekender to get to the floor "Proper northern Byrney, out me way ya bas!" blush.gifranting_1.gif

It's one of those records needs no introduction, counted intro and your off!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!