News: Strange World Of Northern Soul Film Now Online

Mike

Guest Johnny One Trout

Should get the ladies buying it, don't you think :g: I have to say Ian was a bloody nightmare when we were filming the car sequences, bloody perfectionist !.

Really, who'd a thought it?

As a labour of love it was a mammoth concept to try and do justice to the music and artist on limited budget....

Social source share

My God. 16 year's can't believe it's that long since that very warm night in Blackburn when the film was shown at king George,s hall. And I'd memory serves me right. Bobby Paris live.

Steve

Indeed Bobby Paris was live, he was also in the same hotel as us, not really a nice guy IMHO.

Social source share

Great for me to see it.  I watched the first episode -4 hours.  Great to see what all these people look like, who I have dealt with for records, and or had conversations with on fora, or heard stories about.  NONE of them look even remotely as I'd imagined them.  It gave me a little better perspective on Northern Soul, especially the late 1960s pre- NS Soul scene, and Northern Soul in the early '70s (before I came to Lancashire to meet any Soulies.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was put off buying it when it first came out by all the negative reports. Sat watching a bit of it last night for the first time with a nice bottle and quite enjoyed it. The well documented cheesy effects and rehashed recordings do spoil it but at least the artists involved have been recorded on film for the scene's history which is important i reckon.

Interesting to listen to scene regulars memories as well.

I wonder how many of the artists involved have since died?

Edited by Steve L
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!