Rita & The Tiaras BARGAIN OR HAVE PRICES TOPPED OUT?

Okehdownsouth

Maybe not spotted by a lot of people. I don't look on ebay anymore, but that price for a minter is about right I would have thought. However if the seller insisted on putting the full value on the package then that will cost the buyer a fortune in customs charges, so may have put some off bidding.

Have you got a link to the item please?

Edited by Quinvy
Social source share

Were at it again, oh well... sheer madness isn't it... you would be a fool to buy any of these types (Classic northern) these days, I'd bide my time till the price comes down and go in search of brilliant cheapies, ie records that are not very well known which we will all be paying silly money for in a few years...

actually with this track Id prefer the Kent single / reissue, have you heard the sound quality on that one!!! serious bass on the intro... so £10 for the Kent 45, or £2600 for the original...

Saw Trade Martin go for £250 yesterday, thats got to be £50/75 over what its worth?

Mal

Social source share

Yes I thought as much. Seller is using the eBay shipping method and would be buyers have been asking questions at the bottom of the listing. This puts a lot of people off from the UK.

I think it would have gone for more otherwise.

To Pete and the others that are saying the price is wrong. This is one of the best northern soul records of all time, and in near mint condition. If any of you were selling one, you would auction it and take the money. We all want to buy cheap and sell for as much as possible.

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

If £2600 is 'reasonable' for this then God help us all

God help us indeed Pete , sold  one minter  for £250 in 1999 sold another minter in 2011 £850 the wanna be dj are paying crazy prices northern scene is truly fooked.

Social source share

BLOODY HELL !!!!!! iVE GOT 3 OF THESE JUST LYING AROUND......ALL ABOUT THE SAME NICK AS THE TOP ONE :ohmy: 

Social source share

Yes I thought as much. Seller is using the eBay shipping method and would be buyers have been asking questions at the bottom of the listing. This puts a lot of people off from the UK.

To Pete and the others that are saying the price is wrong. This is one of the best northern soul records of all time, and in near mint condition. If any of you were selling one, you would auction it and take the money. We all want to buy cheap and sell for as much as possible.

Makes me wonder how much Manship would have secured for this record.:)

Social source share

"one of the best northern soul records of all time" a bit of a subjective statement is that fella.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I am very opinionated, but if you like music that fits into the "northern soul" criteria. You couldn't find a better example of the genre in my humble opinion. And judging by the amount of money the record is fetching it seems that I'm not on my own in that opinion.

not for one minute saying your opinion is humble or not valued i'm just saying it's subjective, as all art is so one can not definitively say (without a measuring control)  that it's one of the best northern soul records of all time. and price has never ever equaled quality,ask frank wilson, he'll tell you :)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Were at it again, oh well... sheer madness isn't it... you would be a fool to buy any of these types (Classic northern) these days, I'd bide my time till the price comes down and go in search of brilliant cheapies, ie records that are not very well known which we will all be paying silly money for in a few years...

actually with this track Id prefer the Kent single / reissue, have you heard the sound quality on that one!!! serious bass on the intro... so £10 for the Kent 45, or £2600 for the original...

Saw Trade Martin go for £250 yesterday, thats got to be £50/75 over what its worth?

Mal

Agree 100% regarding the Kent Select release of this. One of the best 45's for me in recent years . You also get the brilliant instrumental on the flip as well. After years of playing the Kent release I feel let down when I hear the original played out to be  honest. 

Dave 

Edited by Only Dreaming
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Phil.

Compared to what? Where does it sit in the Hall of Fame? Ahead of the Professionals? Way behind the Mello Souls? On a par with Ruby? I like the record but don't own a copy. I reckon it's Championship material rather than Premiership but that's subjective of course. I reckon folk like the records more if they actually own them so I am on a hiding to nothing until I stumble across a cheap original, then I can try to like it more, even though I have heard it dozens and dozens of times.

Social source share

Hi Phil.

Compared to what? Where does it sit in the Hall of Fame? Ahead of the Professionals? Way behind the Mello Souls? On a par with Ruby? I like the record but don't own a copy. I reckon it's Championship material rather than Premiership but that's subjective of course. I reckon folk like the records more if they actually own them so I am on a hiding to nothing until I stumble across a cheap original, then I can try to like it more, even though I have heard it dozens and dozens of times.

Where does it sit in the Hall of Fame?

Right at the very top mate. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Maybe not spotted by a lot of people. I don't look on ebay anymore, but that price for a minter is about right I would have thought. However if the seller insisted on putting the full value on the package then that will cost the buyer a fortune in customs charges, so may have put some off bidding.

Have you got a link to the item please?

You'll need to get it shipped to a local US address to avoid those import charges otherwise it would be cheaper to go get it yourself.

Social source share

It's a great record alright but it was big in 1979 for goodness sake, what relevance does it have now - great oldie but just another sign that the scene has gone backwards - people paying mega money for records that were big 30 years ago is just lazy, trophy hunting - these people aren't "top dj's", top dj's find new discoveries not just copy every other Tom, Dick and Harry.

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!