2. who do you wanna win

3 who do you think will win

my 3

yes on and off, wales , new zealand

Edited by mike

1 the England games at least

2 England

3 New Zealand, probably

.........but as someone who doesn't watch rugby, i must say that was far more exciting than the last England game i watched ( round ball version):wicked::yes:

Might watch some, but as the Rugby League season comes to it's conclusion with the Grand Final in just under three weeks I'll be watching three league matches a week, and Jessica only has a certain level of tolerance for watching Rugby  :lol:

England

I'd love to see England do  it, but like most people I think New Zealand will win it.

Yes..........got to see the last half hour of the SA v Japan game today,brilliant.The better the "smaller" teams like Wales do the more exciting the competition will be :wicked:

England

New Zealand.......but think we can win it if we can get our set piece right?

My dark horses are Ireland,plenty of experience & a few coming to the end of there careers which some times gives teams that 1% you need?

yes when I can

would love England to win but they struggled at times against Fiji and this will be cruelly exploited by better opposition

New Zealand supreme proponents of the egg chasing game

Yep, what thing it more than the footie now; ironic given my boy's start to the season under Slaven (COYI!!)

Wales or Japan or Argentina

France or Ireland or NZ

Not that I'm hedging  my bets....much??

Was a great match but England should have closed it out.  Too many subs for a team playing well.  Don't mind the decision to kick for the corner rather than goal it was the poor execution of the line out.

Edited by chalky

Was a great match but England should have closed it out.  Too many subs for a team playing well.  Don't mind the decision to kick for the corner rather than goal it was the poor execution of the line out.

don't really get this narrative that England lost it,  from what I saw Wales won it :D

only seen the Wales ones so far, whats the views on Ireland, Scotland, France etc chances

don't really get this narrative that England lost it,  from what I saw Wales won it :D

only seen the Wales ones so far, whats the views on Ireland, Scotland, France etc chances

not taking anything away from Wales Mike, they never gave up, couple of penalties and belief grew.  Fully deserved the win.

Defeat plucked from the jaws of victory..........thought there lack of experience would be a problem but didn't think it would be so obvious so early in the tournament?Don't have a problem going to win it but you have to throw it to the middle at least preferably the back so you don't get mauled into touch??

Bring on the Aussies,beat them.........Wales loose to the Aussies but beat Fiji with a bonus point & we get the bonus point against Uruguay the Aussies go out :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

England choked on Saturday night and cannot afford any slip ups now.

The event itself is proving great fun and has been wonderfully well supported by the public.

Loved the story that the Tongans had visited Nando's in Exeter 10 nights in a row before their game against Namibia!! They look like a bunch of lads who enjoy their food thats for sure.

over coached england had no wise heads to get them together and change things when the taffs...........who were actually aided by the injuries they had ................ put the squeeze on in their  "us against the world desperate late surge "  which started to take its toll ................robshaw has form in poor late game decisions to.............

i have been working on   world cup winning all black john afoa's house and he says the  aussies are  only threat to the blacks..........france could suprise as well.......... and how often have wales beaten the aussies??? not many..............hope for england yet...........fiji could play a role tonight as well........ez........

Saturday 3rd October 2015

Samoa vs Japan
Pool B

South Africa vs Scotland
Pool B
St James’ Park

England vs Australia
Pool A
Twickenham, London

any calls for todays matches ?

japan, scotland and australia be mine

England got knocked out, the other day against Wales they were in a boss position didn't exploit it and poor tactics and decision making cost them dearly,

the ex cons wiped the floor with them last night and really exposed Englands inferiority we have a crap coach no world class players and cant play rugby , lets hope this sobering spectacle rattles a few cages at the top of the game here and stops them thinking that somehow they are superior .

Watched one of finalist last night & maybe the winners,although it pains me to say but the Aussies looked a class act.

Still think we're a descent young side & the core of that team will be around for the next world cup but not sure Lancaster will be?I'm undecided whether we need to change the coaching staff or we stick with them & hope they have learned what is needed to compete at the highest level.........don't forget the Johnson side went to Oz & lost 72-0 & lost the grand slam at Wembley.Mike Catt always says them experiences helped them win the world cup?

Come on Ireland.

Absolute bobbins England! You could pick any one of about 12 it seems but the captain drives me nuts.

Granted I don't 'get' Union generally but I've never seen him gain a yard yet, he's on the deck as soon he receives it most of the time. Same with Barrit at centre, wtf?

Square jawed determination and thoroughly nice chapness don't cut it. Australia were light years ahead.

As Ritchie Benaud once said of a young Steve Waugh, "I like the look of him, he's got a little bit of sh*t in him." Allied to ability, I think we could do with a bit more of that. 

Edited by PhilT

I have to agree I thought the Aussies (although it pains me to say) we streets ahead in all departments and I don't see a place in their team for any of our players.

Lancaster began the job with hope playing some decent attacking rugby but he seems to have gone backwards.  He can't decide on a team, how he wants to play...everything seems to be made up as they go along these days.  

When we won the cup Sir Clive did everything in preparation for winning and a good two or three years before he had a settled side and everyone knew their job, we beat everyone consistently.  Now we seem to have little idea.  The decision making (not the kick for corner against Wales as I don't have a problem with that) and the execution of some of those decisions has left our side watching the rest of the world cup.  We just don't seem to have the players who can change a game or if we have it's been knocked out of them.  Shades of the English Football game with the rugby., no style and relying on passion.

We were a shambles last night and deservedly got taken to the cleaners. Aus were excellent.  

Many long running issues came to a head which had the unfortunate effect of magnifying our weaknesses. At times we looked utterly directionless and clueless.

The guy at the top has to take the blame. Lancaster is a decent man and has done some things well, but plainly lacks the nous and experience required at the top level.

Personally I think it's been a brilliant World Cup, off to Twickers Saturday for the big one, in the "Pool of Death". :thumbup:

Just heard that Hooper's been suspended for this one, can't say I'm disappointed.  It could well be another very very messy, mega party in London.

Nice of Ady to have arranged the 100 Club Anny after the England game and Crossfire after this one... bring it on.

Taff

P.S I really think that they should introduce a Plate competition for the lesser, 2nd tier teams, that get knocked out in the group stage.  It would provide really useful tournament experience for the developing nations like Namibia, Uruguay, Georgia, Romania and England. :wicked:

Edited by Saxafone

best 4 teams in semis .....best two in final...............best team won............simples....ez

enjoyed the tournament.......not so sure about the party style "event junkies " present  at some of the early games in silly clothes..???........yep..... im a grumpy :D old man

Been a great world cup. Some of the toughest sportsmen on the planet knocking seven bells out of each other yet they still showed each other the utmost respect and also to the officials.  The more I watchED the more I hate footballers (the round ball), they should be ashamed when they look back at what they get up to on the pitch compared to rugby players.

Edited by chalky

Well done New Zealand the best team in the world for the last 8 years & proved it on the biggest stage with an awesome display of power,speed & skill.

Also well done to the tournament organizers for putting on the best world cup ever,great to see big crowds at all games.

Shame about England & the northern hemisphere in general,I think we've been shown we either need to coach our players differently as the game has moved on or we get left behind???That then raises the question have we the coaching staff to do that??I think Michael Cheika & Vern Cotter have proved that point,before you mention Joe Schmidt & Warren Gatland they have been involved in northern hemisphere rugby for quite a few years now so may have been left behind too?Just a thought.

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

Now that the Union debacle is over :wicked: you can catch up with the rugby league international test series , England v New Zealand over three weekends , today 7th and 14th ,  one up to us....... 26 / 12

Now that the Union debacle is over :wicked: you can catch up with the rugby league international test series , England v New Zealand over three weekends , today 7th and 14th ,  one up to us....... 26 / 12

GOOD CALL.

ROY

Yep great win,couple of fortunate refereeing decisions but makes a nice change to get them.Got a bit of chance now we have exported half our team to the NRL,hopefully a 3 nil series win will give them confidence for the future.

Cheers

Martyn

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.