PLATTERS

kevinsoulman

That was the flip of "I Love You 1000 Times", which was their biggest hit on Musicor.  I have the "Don't Hear, Speak, See No Evil" version.  It has the ZTSP pressing code, indicating that it was likely pressed in Columbia's New York plant.  I bought it in 1966, when the record was out, so we know that it was legitimate, and, thus, not a bootleg.  There were a small number of ZTSPs pressed in Hollywood, California.  And this was pressed on styrene.  But, New York's plant used styrene as well, at times.  I bought this in Chicago, and we mainly got Columbia pressings from New York.  Columbia Chicago/Terre Haute, Indiana was used mainly for custom, small outside label runs from Detroit and Chicago.

I've seen a lot of both titles, but I think that there were more of the one I have originally pressed. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have this press STYRENE with raised "X" in the Deadwax

Allied of Hollywood

MUSICOR_MU-1166-1.jpgMUSICOR_MU-1166-2.jpg

I also have the raised X on the "I Love You 1000 Times" side, with ZTSP 106382 1 Delta on the flip.  So, it was mastered by ALCO in Hollywood, and pressed at Allied Pressing plant.  As you might remember from a thread we had a couple years ago, the Delta symbol does NOT always indicate Monarch Pressing Plant in L.A.  When NOT, it indicates Allied.  Allied was connected to ARDCO (Allied Record Distribution Co.), which distributed many small, independent L.A.-based record labels.  ALCO Steel made the stampers for Allield, and, if I remember correctly, was Allied Steel, owner of Allied Pressing Plant and ARDCO, as well.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I also have the raised X on the "I Love You 1000 Times" side, with ZTSP 106382 1 Delta on the flip.  So, it was mastered by ALCO in Hollywood, and pressed at Allied Pressing plant.  As you might remember from a thread we had a couple years ago, the Delta symbol does NOT always indicate Monarch Pressing Plant in L.A.  When NOT, it indicates Allied.  Allied was connected to ARDCO (Allied Record Distribution Co.), which distributed many small, independent L.A.-based record labels.  ALCO Steel made the stampers for Allield, and, if I remember correctly, was Allied Steel, owner of Allied Pressing Plant and ARDCO, as well.

Thanks for this Information Robb. As a collector this Information is invaluable.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!