Flaming Ember - Flaming Eck

Having bought the Holland Dozier Holland 45s box set last year I thought it might be a good idea to actually play it.

I've quite a few CD compilation on Invictus and Hot Wax artists and had quite a few 45s in the early days. I always liked Flaming Ember and have been keen to pick up on the tracks on this box set. I thought I'd track down a CD of their Hot Wax sessions.However I see that it sells on Amazon for £234 !! really?

Was it issued on gold or something? Even the other less inclusive CDs on them are quite dear.

Other Invictus and Hot Wax CDs are reasonably priced...what gives with Flaming Ember? I will have to stick with the box set 45s I guess.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Having bought the Holland Dozier Holland 45s box set last year I thought it might be a good idea to actually play it.

I've quite a few CD compilation on Invictus and Hot Wax artists and had quite a few 45s in the early days. I always liked Flaming Ember and have been keen to pick up on the tracks on this box set. I thought I'd track down a CD of their Hot Wax sessions.However I see that it sells on Amazon for £234 !! really?

Was it issued on gold or something? Even the other less inclusive CDs on them are quite dear.

Other Invictus and Hot Wax CDs are reasonably priced...what gives with Flaming Ember? I will have to stick with the box set 45s I guess.

I noticed that too. Their previous CD packages would have sold lousily on release so would have probably never been re-manufactured so there's really not that many around. However, there are these on Discogs:-

https://www.discogs.com/Flaming-Ember-Westbound-N9-The-Hot-Wax-Sessions/release/710435

Ian D :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!