Atlantic single sided test presses - Barbara Lynn

Derek Pearson

Benny_Latimore_single_sided_Dade_test_pr Barbara_Lynn_This_is_the_thanks_Atlantic

Following on from the Benny Latimore Atlantic/Dade single sided test press which I sold earlier today I remembered I had a Barbara Lynn “This is the thanks I get” on a very similar looking Atlantic single sided test press.

After a bit of investigation turns out Benny Latimore’s 45 was released in May 1967 whilst Barbara Lynn’s effort came out several months later in November of the same year.

Assume Atlantic pushed out many of these advance test press promos during this time period.

So have any members on here got any others?

I do need only the mere flimsiest of excuses to post up a clip of Barbara’s simply immortal song.

It doesn’t get much better than this quote unquote. It’s as good as it gets.

Copies are all over Ebay for a tenner or so.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t know it so I could revel in hearing it again for the first time. 

Derek

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest son of stan

I had a single-sided Marlena Shaw 'Wade in The Water' which I am pretty sure was an issue. Didn't really think about it and sold it on when times were temporarily tight. But since felt I might have fucked up there..(Same with my Jamaican Cadet 'Woman of the Ghetto' but that's another story).

Regarding Barbara Lynn, great record. I believe it was released the day I was born. The LP that is on is, in my view, one of the best ever.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!