Blues And Soul Mags

billysbag

hi all.help again please.

ive been asked by a mate to sell some b&s mags from 68-72.

i have absolutely no idea what to ask.are there any v.collectible issues?would i just sell them on ebay under the record banner or put them in under books?has anybody on here sold them?

got an offer for the lot off someone but owner doesnt know their worth either.

tia bill

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i have absolutely no idea what to ask.are there any v.collectible issues?would i just sell them on ebay under the record banner or put them in under books?has anybody on here sold them?

tia bill

Hi Bill

you need to get the issue numbers, there were some sold on Ebay a couple of months ago think they were in the No 6 to 30 range and some went for over £20 :( . Theres one in which Dave Godin christens Northern Soul and that would fetch money cant remember the issue number

Ted

Ted

Social source share

Hi Bill

you need to get the issue numbers, there were some sold on Ebay a couple of months ago think they were in the No 6 to 30 range and some went for over £20 :( . Theres one in which Dave Godin christens Northern Soul and that would fetch money cant remember the issue number

Ted

Ted

=====

my mates just lent me all the B&S from 68 - 75 and echoes from 76 - 78

they are a great read...

invaluable to anyones thats interested in the history of the scene but largely just browse material for most,,,

the early ones are going high probably to complete sets,....

regards

mark

Social source share

tia bill

In 1999 I bought some off a guy south of London, he put them on ebay and they got no bids so I contacted him and made him an offer. There was virtually every one from about 73ish - 78ish all in great condition. Really interesting reading.

Unfortunately my missus got the hump when I turned up with a crate of old magazines so I sold them on as a job lot for about a quid a mag. I could probably have got more for them on eBay now, but there weren't as many people on it then and it would have been a shame to split them up. They went to a good home anyway.

If you don't know what they are worth and you don't know what to ask you might as well take Pete's offer whatever it is. He'll obviously make a profit on them cos that's business but at least you'll have them sold and I'm sure he won't be ripping you off.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Hi Bill

Ted

Ted

thanks to all who answered.they are numbered 15-75 and all are in unripped condition. it looks like ill put them on ebay for pete to buy. :(

ill put em in the r and b record section.

thanx all

bill

Social source share

In 1999 I bought some off a guy south of London, he put them on ebay and they got no bids so I contacted him and made him an offer. There was virtually every one from about 73ish - 78ish all in great condition. Really interesting reading.

Unfortunately my missus got the hump when I turned up with a crate of old magazines so I sold them on as a job lot for about a quid a mag. I could probably have got more for them on eBay now, but there weren't as many people on it then and it would have been a shame to split them up. They went to a good home anyway.

If you don't know what they are worth and you don't know what to ask you might as well take Pete's offer whatever it is. He'll obviously make a profit on them cos that's business but at least you'll have them sold and I'm sure he won't be ripping you off.

Cheers

Paul

I thought £100 was a fair offer for that amount and I was gonna keep them anyway

Social source share

I thought £100 was a fair offer for that amount and I was gonna keep them anyway

I think that's pretty fair really.

BTW Pete, could I just ask you to please stop outbidding me on eBay, it just serves to remind me how tight I am. I was going to keep that Jerry Jackson too. :yes:

Social source share

I think that's pretty fair really.

BTW Pete, could I just ask you to please stop outbidding me on eBay, it just serves to remind me how tight I am. I was going to keep that Jerry Jackson too. :yes:

Oops sorry Paul. But my goodness you must be tight because I only bid just enough so I can add a bit of profit on top :yes:

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Oops sorry Paul. But my goodness you must be tight because I only bid just enough so I can add a bit of profit on top :ohmy:

anyone looking to fill any gaps post 1973 ish should try me, I have a lot of duplicates that if they are not in "a run of complete numbers" I can sell individually. a while since I looked through my stock of these but do have a large quantity.

thanks martin, redhill surrey, see Crawley Area Sunday Nights in event listings.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!