Flipping heck! Boots/Reissues

Quinvy

These are scarily good. I know some of them are unissued stuff, but the others would fool anyone spinning round on a turntable at a do. They don't even bother putting a star on the label these days. I presume that due to amount of time that has elapsed since they were issued, nobody cares?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Quinvy
Social source share

Most of the typefaces are wrong - also when you feel them the vinyl isn't right and the run offs are too large

They look as though the the label dimensions might be wrong too. Lots of new/reissue 45s have much smaller labels than were used until the 2000s. The first one I remember definitely noticing was the boot of the Vibrettes  - Humpty Dump on Lujon from 2007.

Social source share

I may be wrong but shouldn't the Nolan Porter label be an abc dunhill not abc donhill recording.

Phil.

Not to mention "Catologue Music"on the Musicor record, rather than "Catalogue", and my friend, Dennis Coffey should be insulted that his name is misspelled as: "Coffee".  Do they make one small misspelling to identify it easily as NOT being original, for those amateurs, that don't know how the original fonts for each pressing plant looked.:lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not to mention "Catologue Music"on the Musicor record, rather than "Catalogue", and my friend, Dennis Coffey should be insulted that his name is misspelled as: "Coffee".  Do they make one small misspelling to identify it easily as NOT being original, for those amateurs, that don't know how the original fonts for each pressing plant looked.:lol:

I was always shit at them 'spot the difference':g:...hilarious though :D

Edited by lfcjunkie
spelling
Social source share

Eagle eye Benji says Constellations wrong as well: Mala and Bell logos are missing. Only Amy logo there.

Good catch.  I'm convinced the bootleggers leave a little something small, but obvious when finally seen, just to keep peope from thinking they tried to flood the market with boots, and, perhaps, pass some off through secondary sellers, as originals.  I am also of the opinion that those boots were made in Britain.  Why bother to have a US plant press them, and then have to ship them to UK, when the existing US plants can't make them look any more legitimate than these are?

Social source share

I await the days these people are named and shamed Ady. These are other individuals work and copyrights held in most cases and is out and out theft. At least buy legit re issues! 

Me too, name and shame,:yes: I would imagine it takes a lot of hard work/money to get the rights to re issue legitimately a record,:hatsoff2: these ''individuals'' are ruining the record buying part of the scene, dishonest,against the law practises and should be held to account in my view:(................... step down from soap box !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!