Bloke here says Manfred Mann is Northern soul

Mal C

ive lot count of the amount of blind buys ive got on the basis of a genre title thats ended up been a sham.

none by manfred mann tho

Know what you mean.I bought a Northern/ Iraqi funk / death metal / popcorn / Soul / jazzfunk / punk / Wigan classic, - it was none of those.

Social source share

Know what you mean.I bought a Northern/ Iraqi funk / death metal / popcorn / Soul / jazzfunk / punk / Wigan classic, - it was none of those.

ha! ive seen them almost that bad. id love to hear some iraqi death metal punk funk

what annoys me if when you get a tune billed as soul that looks proper obscure and its a country record. or funk and it turns out its a rock tune is another fave. 

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

They covered Maxine Brown's Oh No Not My Baby, and the Shirelles' Sha La La, so the seller might think they are a soul group.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

and of course Come Tomorrow is a cover version of a soul tune..Marie Knight i think .Persionally  think it's a great tune,,whatever genre it's it is...or in this case isn't :)

What about "Invitation" Played a lot on the scene by a group that became Manfred Mann.? So we might be getting close!

Mike D'Abo was the lead singer on Invitation..and he joined the Manfreds shortly after

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!