Dream Girls Film

Tubbs

Heard yesterday that a new film will be out in the Uk in Feb. It's based loosely about the Supremes and Eddie Murphy and Beyonce are in it. The soundtrack will be a motown soundalike. It's supposed to be quite good the film that is not sure how the music will be though. Speaking of films is there any more word on the northern soul film that was being spoken about last year ?

Tubbs

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Heard yesterday that a new film will be out in the Uk in Feb. It's based loosely about the Supremes and Eddie Murphy and Beyonce are in it. The soundtrack will be a motown soundalike. It's supposed to be quite good the film that is not sure how the music will be though. Speaking of films is there any more word on the northern soul film that was being spoken about last year ?

Tubbs

A film ( not a documentary ) about the Northern Scene has been talked about since adam was a lad , but it has only been in the last couple of years , that the idea for such an cinematic epic has been given serious consideration . I have spoken to several notable people associated with the scene over the last 6 months regarding the film , and as yet , there is nothing fully confirmed ( things are well into the negotiation stages ) . When speaking to a reputable source a month ago , he informed me of the main theme / story for the film ( interesting is not the word , to say the least ) will be set in the 70s , at the height of the scene's popularity , and that it will definately include actual / true past happenings on the scene - things that the best script writer in Hollywood could not invent - revolving around it . It is doubtful that one of the episodes in the eventual film will include the four people ( three still on the scene ) attempting to gain entry to Blackpool Mecca once Saturday night dressed as Nuns .......

When casting is being done for the film - once again let me remind you it will be set on the scene in the 70s - and if they are to be included - who would you like to see playing the

' big names ' that were around ?

Please ! This is just a bit of fun - we do not want any libel suits !!

I will keep you all updated as and when I know any more news

Malc " Barry Norman " Burton.

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

A film ( not a documentary ) about the Northern Scene has been talked about since adam was a lad , but it has only been in the last couple of years , that the idea for such an cinematic epic has been given serious consideration . I have spoken to several notable people associated with the scene over the last 6 months regarding the film , and as yet , there is nothing fully confirmed ( things are well into the negotiation stages ) . When speaking to a reputable source a month ago , he informed me of the main theme / story for the film ( interesting is not the word , to say the least ) will be set in the 70s , at the height of the scene's popularity , and that it will definately include actual / true past happenings on the scene - things that the best script writer in Hollywood could not invent - revolving around it . It is doubtful that one of the episodes in the eventual film will include the four people ( three still on the scene ) attempting to gain entry to Blackpool Mecca once Saturday night dressed as Nuns .......

When casting is being done for the film - once again let me remind you it will be set on the scene in the 70s - and if they are to be included - who would you like to see playing the

' big names ' that were around ?

Please ! This is just a bit of fun - we do not want any libel suits !!

I will keep you all updated as and when I know any more news

Malc " Barry Norman " Burton.

How about.

Matt Lucus- whistling.gif

Social source share

malc..

who the devil will play me..

there was only me and colin curtis with a decent head of hair..

also..who will play you..

8=)

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

Social source share

malc..

who the devil will play me..

there was only me and colin curtis with a decent head of hair..

also..who will play you..

8=)

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

Hello Old Friend ......

I know Colin's still got his , but have you got yours ? Like to think so .......

With regard to the film , I feel that Julie Walters would be ideal to play Hilda Woods .

As to who will play me ....... like to think Steve Buschemi or Dev off Coronation Street.

Thank you Father .

Malc Burton

Social source share

As to who will play me ....... like to think Steve Buschemi or Dev off Coronation Street.

Thank you Father .

Malc Burton

Never met you Malc so obviosly dont know what you look like, and your choice of actors leave me none the wiser. thumbsup.gif

Steve Buschemi is an renowned hollywood actor who has been in such films as Reservoir Dogs , Armageddon & Big Fish amongst many others ...... Known for his " lived in " looks . As for Dev off Coronation Street , that was a joke ...... I look more like Audrey Roberts .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Steve Buschemi is an renowned hollywood actor who has been in such films as Reservoir Dogs , Armageddon & Big Fish amongst many others ...... Known for his " lived in " looks . As for Dev off Coronation Street , that was a joke ...... I look more like Audrey Roberts .

Malc Burton

:lol:

No, my point was they dont look anything like each other.

So you look like miss popoff then, i'll keep me eye out. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

:lol:

No, my point was they dont look anything like each other.

So you look like miss popoff then, i'll keep me eye out. thumbsup.gif

I know they do not look like each other ...... that was my joke . :lol:

Yes , I'll be the one playing " There's A Rentaghost In My House " :lol:

Latest casting proposals for the film .......

Christopher Biggins as a coastal town DJ

Will Smith as Tim Ashibende

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

I know they do not look like each other ...... that was my joke . :thumbsup:

Yes , I'll be the one playing " There's A Rentaghost In My House " :thumbsup:

Latest casting proposals for the film .......

Christopher Biggins as a coastal town DJ

Will Smith as Tim Ashibende

Malc Burton

christopher biggins hey :):D:):D

Social source share

Donald Pleasance as Richard Searling?

Donald Pleasance - very good . Could have him stood behind the decks , stroking a cat and saying " One Bo - dillion Dollars ......... "

Malc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!