NEV

Guest trickbag

• Price:
    • $1676.00 USD
  • Start Date:October 20, 2014
  • End Date:October 27, 2014
  • Bids:7

RARE NORTHERN SOUL CLASSIC SERVICEMEN IN FABULOUS CONDITION
One of the most in demand dancers - and a keeper copy to boot! Arizona group but on a Hollywood label, and we all know this is a consistently appraised disc with both sides acknowledged classics, but how often does a copy this good surface? Please bid sensibly on a rare opportunity to own a true northen “holy grail”!
Chartmaker C-408 Sweet Magic / Connie
M- condition

this one a year ago on frenzy.

ricky

Social source share

Sold mine a couple of years ago to someone who really wanted it for £500.00 - No regrets! (It went to a caring home)

.........But don't listen to me - I'm the worst 'record dealer' in the world (Buy high / sell low) :D

Len :thumbsup:

I'd of had that!.....I'm also garbage at selling, guaranteed after two weeks of off loading my records they go massive every where!..Rob

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Being ahead is a bind mate - You just got to roll with it :D

ha-ha! Never thought of it like that...I sell, tell people, then they tell me I'd of never of sold that!....my friends know what I own...please tell me prior to any of my sales!!....to be fair they get sold on to finance other records, and my soul buddy's are top people!....Rob

• Helpful 1
Social source share

you are probably right Rob

thank you chalky.....the four voices, near as damn it 2k on jm's, another fantastic double sider.....I fancy this would go close to that price on his auction (just as good imo), and think most people selling privately, soul do's etc would want a grand minimum cash. I'm no expert and listen to you guys who know far more than me........Rob

• Helpful 1
Social source share

ha-ha! Never thought of it like that...I sell, tell people, then they tell me I'd of never of sold that!....my friends know what I own...please tell me prior to any of my sales!!....to be fair they get sold on to finance other records, and my soul buddy's are top people!....Rob

Nice one mate - I don't sell much, but a couple of years ago I had to 'needs must' an' all that - My children needed feeding (and that is the truth of it) I ended up selling (as stated) The Servicemen, but with that, a hand full of records I have had on the shelf for years, literally collecting dust - 'Howard Guyton - I Watched You Slowly Slip Away' was one that springs to mind.....It's funny, I hadn't played any of them for years, but now that they are gone, it really hurts (only comfort being that they went to good homes)...Some records to people like us are like photos - You may not look at them much - but by god, they would be the first thing to grab if we had a house fire (along with the kids of course)...Oh yeh, and the wife!!! :D

• Helpful 3
Social source share

thank you chalky.....the four voices, near as damn it 2k on jm's, another fantastic double sider.....I fancy this would go close to that price on his auction (just as good imo), and think most people selling privately, soul do's etc would want a grand minimum cash. I'm no expert and listen to you guys who know far more than me........Rob

It was a mate of mine that sold that - It's one of those record that I had on my wants list for so long, I ended up not wanting it! How weird is that?.....The 'Mystery' is something that should be cherished, sometimes finally getting a record spoils it in some way :wink:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it's hard to put a price on records these days especially indemanders like this one.  We can says a price based on past history, what copies we know are abput etc but all rhyme and reason and common sense seems to have gone out of the window these days.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

People always ask me "How much is so and so worth", simply because I sit behind a box of records at niters. At one time I used to have a fairly good idea of prices so would happily tell them what I thought. Nowadays, I'm really hesitant to give my opinion because if I say £200, and they sell it for that,  and then John Manship auctions one the following week and gets £600, who is going to get it in the neck for giving bad advice ? Yep, me ! Yet the advice I gave might well have been perfectly accurate THAT week !

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Very true Dave ...at the moment ,it's becoming very eratic with the mid to high end rarities .

frequently seeing things go for a lot more than they should be .Some might be freak ebay madness ,but it seems to set the standard for future sales .

But this is a highly prized 45 and not common and nm ,so need to get price somewhere near ?

Appreciate the input so far :)

Social source share

would you get max £ from auctioning it through mr manship, he takes 20% but the skys the limit as Jack Montgomery shown in the last week or so......take offers on here for a week or so, you can decide then if it's reached its potential giving updates on offers  so far etc. Or stick it set sale with very nearest offer.....worlds your oyster!.......I offer 2 specimen bonsai trees!.....good luck matey, a fantastic record........kind regards......Rob

p.s I hope I've got this right and you are selling, not looking to buy.

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!