WANTED Elliot Small - I'm A Devil (Clean/distortion free copy)

Foi

Hi all

I'm after a clean, distortion free copy of Elliot Small - I'm A Devil on the A.B.S. label. Contrary to what some people believe or say there are copies of this tune that play perfectly well without the muffled sound that some copies do happen to have. I used to have one of clean sounding copies but sold it back in the mid 80s (got it on a cassette tape to remind me!) PM with condition and price. cheers

Edited by foi
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Foi Ive got a Elliot Small without the  hiss in my collection Also Ive noticed in the past that your after a Fluffy Falana and L Allan The only way I would part with any of these is to sell my hole collection Though Ive not advertised the collection I Would be willing to sell and would want about £18000 Probley bit to much for you but id thought I would let you no.

Cheers Nigel

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Hi Nigel,

Only just seen this message of yours mate sorry for the delay in replying! Got a copy of Fluffy sorted just the Elliot Small needed really, been quoted silly prices for it really. If you are willing to sell that one aside then i'd be interested? Not got the £18000 unfortunately for the whole collection! cheers again ATB foi

Social source share

No trick youve missed Mal, its always been an obscure tune thats not really been that much sought after. It had a few plays at Wigan late 70s thru til it closed but it never really became big. Brill tune i used to have in my old collection and after another now! Shame i didnt see yours for sale!

Social source share

• 2 months later...

I'm also after I'm A Devil foi. Agree about it being obscure but both JM and TB only have it at £30 or £40 - not that it matters what they think! Definitely played in the late 70's, first by Soul Sam as far as I recall. I bought my original copy, which was also clean and hiss free, for no more than £10.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Mick,

I bought my first copy back in early 80s cost all of a quid!...crazy prices of late and I dont pay any attention to the fact if a tune is in demand, as couple years down the road its wont be, and where does that leave ya when ya forked out loads of dosh in a mad rush to buy it cos its so say "in demand" ! A record is only as rare as its label, and how many were released as pressed originals...sod the guide prices if anything TB is more on the ball with prices, had few bargains off him when you compare with the current market prices! good luck in your search mate!

Social source share

• 8 months later...