Marva Whitney Playing In Leeds

• Replies 5
  • Views 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Cracking venue this for live music and this should be a blinder! Link attached to the Wardrobe's website <Wardrobe - Marva>

Rich

Quite tempted to sneak up for this one myself, Rich - the only date she's doing down South is at the Jazz Cafe. It's on the Monday after Leeds and, let's face it, who feels funky on a Monday?

Can you recommend a reasonable (i.e. not too expensive) hotel anywhere nearby? And would you recommend booking in advance? (The gig, I mean, I;d obviously book the Hotel in advance...)

TONE :yes:

Quite tempted to sneak up for this one myself, Rich - the only date she's doing down South is at the Jazz Cafe. It's on the Monday after Leeds and, let's face it, who feels funky on a Monday?

Can you recommend a reasonable (i.e. not too expensive) hotel anywhere nearby? And would you recommend booking in advance? (The gig, I mean, I;d obviously book the Hotel in advance...)

I cant actually recommend any, as I live in Leeds, so I've never stayed in any.

But I can tell you of ones that are nearby. The Travellodge on Vicar Lane is only about 5 minutes walk, they are usually fairly cheap.

Jury's Inn is quite nearby too, but I cant imagine that is cheap.

The Wardrobe is opposite the bus station & next to the West Yorkshire Playhouse, it is pretty central, so any hotels in the centre of Leeds would do.

I would personally get tickets in advance, you dont want to get up here & find there's none left.

Let me know if you get stuck finding one.

Hope that helps :yes:

Kirsty

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Thanks, Kirsty, all v. useful - and v. kind of you to go into such detail.

I've got something 'on hold' now, so all I need to do is make a decision before Monday about whether or not I'm definitely up for the 400+ mile round trip...

Thanks again, much appreciated!