How Big Label

Blake H

I got Clarkie's new list this week and saw Nat Fross "Too Many Skeletons in my cupboard" on How Big (for £300), I cant recall the label at all, the only other releases I could find were:-

Ida Sands Start All Over Again 202129

Wilson Williams I Got A Whole Lot To Be Thankful For 202768

Nat Fross See Above 202936

Ida Sands is described as "Brilliant Crossover" on GEMM (mp3 anyone?)

The number sequence would suggest quite a few releases.

Are there any other good tunes on the label?

Is it a soul only label?

Thanks for any info

Blake H

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I got Clarkie's new list this week and saw Nat Fross "Too Many Skeletons in my cupboard" on How Big (for £300), I cant recall the label at all, the only other releases I could find were:-

Ida Sands Start All Over Again 202129

Wilson Williams I Got A Whole Lot To Be Thankful For 202768

Nat Fross See Above 202936

Ida Sands is described as "Brilliant Crossover" on GEMM (mp3 anyone?)

The number sequence would suggest quite a few releases.

Are there any other good tunes on the label?

Is it a soul only label?

Thanks for any info

Blake H

It''s from Norfolk, Virginia owned by the same guy who gave us the SPQR, Shiptown, Romulus, Legrand etc Frank Guida. Shiptown & How Big have the same style artwork.. I've only list 4 records on How Big in recent years, but they are all good and the prices I sold them for..

HOW BIG 202131 - NAT FROSS - TOO MANY SKELETONS IN MY CLOSET c/w SWEETEST GIRL IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD - £150 but £300 seems correct for today..

HOW BIG 202129 - IDA SANDS - START ALL OVER AGAIN c/w DON'T LOSE A GOOD THING £100

HOW BIG 202767 WILSON WILLIAMS - I GOT A WHOLE LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR c/w HONEY ROCK 5***** deep soul £300

HOW BIG 202930 WILSON WILLIAMS - AIN'T THAT LOVING YOU c/w CAN'T GET USED TO LOSING YOU £100 which also seems low as you never see it.

There is a guy who's a member on here from Virginia who is a expert on this group of label and his name escapes me at the moment..but I'm sure if he sees your post he will have more imput than me..

Social source share

I've got at least 2 45s on this label but haven't looked at them or played them in a long time can't even remember artist or titles although none of the ones noted in this thread seem familiar....will try and dig them out of storage tomorrow and post up some soundclips.

Adam.

Social source share

Found the Ida Sands one and have done an MP3 but site won't allow me to put clips up at the moment. The other one I have is the HOW BIG 202767 WILSON WILLIAMS - I GOT A WHOLE LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR c/w HONEY ROCK 5***** deep soul £300. Temporarily misplaced...I remember putting it in a box a while ago as I was going to offer it to John Manship, sure I'll remember where it is soon enough and as soon as the site is allowing clips again I'll post them both up.

Adam.

Social source share

Found the Ida Sands one and have done an MP3 but site won't allow me to put clips up at the moment. The other one I have is the HOW BIG 202767 WILSON WILLIAMS - I GOT A WHOLE LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR c/w HONEY ROCK 5***** deep soul £300. Temporarily misplaced...I remember putting it in a box a while ago as I was going to offer it to John Manship, sure I'll remember where it is soon enough and as soon as the site is allowing clips again I'll post them both up.

Adam.

Thanks Adam

At £300 guess its found pretty soon whistling.gifblush.gif

Blake

Social source share

There you go....still haven't found the Wilson Williams, will post up a clip as soon as it turns up.

The Ida Sands is for sale if anyone is interested. Condition is VG+ labels have some water damage and a very small bit has peeled. £50 inc postage if anyone wants it PM me. The Wilson Williams will also be for sale when I find it!

Social source share

There you go....still haven't found the Wilson Williams, will post up a clip as soon as it turns up.

The Ida Sands is for sale if anyone is interested. Condition is VG+ labels have some water damage and a very small bit has peeled. £50 inc postage if anyone wants it PM me. The Wilson Williams will also be for sale when I find it!

Hi there,

Sent you a PM

cheers

andy

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!