Current valuation Marciano Hines You got a let go

I've only found 2 copies of Marcia Hines here in Oz and not found another this century, I've no idea why it is so rare. I swapped my double for an Ivorys (Despenza) and a Ringleaders BWHTOL with a UK dealer, maybe that gives you an idea of value! So I'd take a dozen at £100 each, much rarer than Gloria Scott.

Social source share

I always thought it a bit odd as to why it got a release in Italy but no other country other than Australia released it?

I don't think it was a big seller in either country, the Italian copies do show up occasionally, but not much in the scheme of things. But why did they choose to promote it back to back with Abba? :D

Marcia_Hines_You_gotta_let_go_Italy_Juke

Marcia_Hines_You_gotta_let_go_Italy_Juke

Social source share

I've only found 2 copies of Marcia Hines here in Oz and not found another this century, I've no idea why it is so rare. I swapped my double for an Ivorys (Despenza) and a Ringleaders BWHTOL with a UK dealer, maybe that gives you an idea of value! So I'd take a dozen at £100 each, much rarer than Gloria Scott.

Frank, I have always taken the view that Marcia's first two singles were both dead slow ballads but they were huge top ten chart hits  in Australia. Her third single was the uptempo You Gotta Let Go B/W the midtempo Don't Let The Grass Grow but the record clearly wasn't cutting through with the Australian public or the charts so Wizard probably dropped promoting it almost immediately and may well have even withdrawn it from the shops. Her next two releases were again slow ballads and not surprisingly they both returned her to the top ten on the charts. It was only when she released You a  little later that she had a  big hit with an uptempo record. That's how I see it anyway ...

Edited by sunnysoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!