100 Club anniversary single

Julianb

Why do people who got this for nowt want £50 or more for it?  Profiteering or what!!!???

It's not free actually Julian, it's actually £20 entrance into the 100 Club Anniversary, quite a higher fee than the usual £12 isn't it like getting a free Cd at Anniversary's which means it's yours and can do what you plz with it ? The 100 club anniversary Single is a very sought out 45. ... Just saying     Regards Julie

Edited by Julie Kearney
Not explained properly
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Interesting that £50 is the going rate for the first few copies onto the market. Sure, it is highly collectable and demand will outstrip supply by a long way. For those attending, it's cost a lot to travel and get in, so nothing wrong in partially recouping the outlay. Not all soulies collect records so I think it's fine to sell an unwanted giveaway and blow the cash on whatever you want.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Interesting that £50 is the going rate for the first few copies onto the market. Sure, it is highly collectable and demand will outstrip supply by a long way. For those attending, it's cost a lot to travel and get in, so nothing wrong in partially recouping the outlay. Not all soulies collect records so I think it's fine to sell an unwanted giveaway and blow the cash on whatever you want.

when's it been about recouping costs ?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Stop moaning Julian. It's always the millionaires that grumble about the cost of things. If you want cheering up, come round to my shop and I'll tell you about my life. That usually has them in floods of tears or ringing the samaritans. :yes: :lol:

Seriously though, if you want a copy, go to the nighter. Like others have said it costs a small fortune to get to London and all the other expenses involved. I can't blame anyone for recouping a few quid.

Not moaning Phil, just asking a question. Where's your shop, I need cheering up!:thumbup:

Social source share

I wouldn't sell mine for £50 , infact i wouldn't sell it  as it is that good !

£20 ticket to a great allnighter with a piece of vinyl thrown in !  it's a gift of a tune.

I wouldn't sell any of my anniversary 45's either Frank - Denise's copy is different :wicked:  I gave the September Jones/ Billy & Clyde spare we had to Billy. 

As you say a gift of a tune. Love the flip too!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!