Flv Conversion Help?

Guest geordiebri

Guest geordiebri

Ok. Converting some videos from flv to .wmv, when I come to play these back in WMP 10 all i can here is the music. Yet, if I try playing these whilst in the middle of converting them from flv to wmv I can see the video in WMP, any ideas?

The bizarre thing is I've managed to covert another two flv files exactly the same way and these do work? Any ideas?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest geordiebri

Right, I'm a little further forward. I've just tried converting the flv to an mpeg and that worked, so presumably you have to convert the file to what it was in the first place?

How can you work out what the file was before it was an flv ?

Social source share

Right, I'm a little further forward. I've just tried converting the flv to an mpeg and that worked, so presumably you have to convert the file to what it was in the first place?

Bri, not 99% sure but wouldnt have thought that original format would have made too much a difference

have you tried converting the mpeg to wmv after converting?

myself would keep them as mpeg ( as its a more generic format - and so less hassle in future if say wanna burn them to dvd or convert to other) and set win media player to play mpegs, rather than convert them to wmv

Social source share

Thanks M, is there any difference in quality if I ty and convert the mpegs to anthing else? Also when you put them on dvd is there any loss of quality due to file size to fill a full tv screen?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!