Discogs - paying Paypal or CC ?

Chris L

Just been shafted by a Discogs seller who took order but only would accept CC (no Paypal) called atomichertz no record arrived, he's been suspended by Discogs but I might never see money back. Luckily wasn't that much - moral of the story if you don't really know seller well then ONLY pay with Paypal, you're better protected.

Edited by Chris L
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

cheers for the info Chris . sorry about you being stung . still a piss off even for a small amount . don't know a lot about the ins and outs. I do buy most things through discogs  with paypal . does paypal offer decent protection. interested to know if they have come through for other members

Social source share

does paypal offer decent protection. interested to know if they have come through for other members

In my experience they do .

I've only had one bad instance with an idiot selling a record from America claiming he hadn't been paid , I was able to track the payment ID and times etc and proof he had been paid and then reported him to Paypal  he backed down , refunded me and it was resolved very quickly .

Social source share

. does paypal offer decent protection. interested to know if they have come through for other members

Of course they do. Recently I bought two LP's on Discogs then received a message from them telling me the seller was a thief and to claim to PayPal to get my money back. I did so, it took one week or two and they refunded me.

Social source share

cheers for the info Chris . sorry about you being stung . still a piss off even for a small amount . don't know a lot about the ins and outs. I do buy most things through discogs  with paypal . does paypal offer decent protection. interested to know if they have come through for other members

Paypal pretty much guarantees that you get what you pay for, if not a refund, I've gotten my money back without too much trouble.

Social source share

WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT . I KNEW IT COULD BE A JINX POSTING IN THIS TOPIC .  JUST GOT TWO TWELVES  THROUGH THE POST TODAY . ONE COST A POUND AND PLAYS FINE . THE OTHER WAS £35. WANTED IT FOR BOTH SIDES  . ONE SIDE PLAYS FINE . THE OTHER HAS A SKIP . PLAYED IT A DOZEN TIMES AND IT SKIPPED IN THE SAME PLACE EACH TIME .  MESSAGED THE SELLER AND HE WAS REALLY SNOTTY SAYING IT WAS FROM HIS PERSONEL COLLECTION  AND HE KNEW IT PLAYED FINE.  HE DID SAY HE WOULD REFUND ME IF I RETURNED IT , BUT I CAN DO WITHOUT BEING CALLED A LIAR !   THE GUY HAS 100% FEEDBACK ON DISCOGS SO MUST BE HONOURABLE . JUST DONT NEED THE HASTLE.

Social source share

WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT . I KNEW IT COULD BE A JINX POSTING IN THIS TOPIC .  JUST GOT TWO TWELVES  THROUGH THE POST TODAY . ONE COST A POUND AND PLAYS FINE . THE OTHER WAS £35. WANTED IT FOR BOTH SIDES  . ONE SIDE PLAYS FINE . THE OTHER HAS A SKIP . PLAYED IT A DOZEN TIMES AND IT SKIPPED IN THE SAME PLACE EACH TIME .  MESSAGED THE SELLER AND HE WAS REALLY SNOTTY SAYING IT WAS FROM HIS PERSONEL COLLECTION  AND HE KNEW IT PLAYED FINE.  HE DID SAY HE WOULD REFUND ME IF I RETURNED IT , BUT I CAN DO WITHOUT BEING CALLED A LIAR !   THE GUY HAS 100% FEEDBACK ON DISCOGS SO MUST BE HONOURABLE . JUST DONT NEED THE HASTLE.

I've sold a record on Discogs which played fine on my Technics, and had it returned because it jumped. I took it home and, right enough, on my Rega it did jump. Sometimes records play different on different set-ups. Which doesn't really help you...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've sold a record on Discogs which played fine on my Technics, and had it returned because it jumped. I took it home and, right enough, on my Rega it did jump. Sometimes records play different on different set-ups. Which doesn't really help you...

Sometimes its just the needle, tried a record on my technics and it played fine then went to play it on the decks with USB and it jumped, so got the magnifying glass out and the USB deck needle looked like a nail compared to the technics needle.

Atb

Stu 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

cheers chaps. the seller seems to have mellowed a bit and says if I return the item he will refund. which is fair enough.  as I said to him I don't want to fall out .have bought stuff off him before with no problem . we both have 100% feedback.  so hopefully things will be resolved . don't know how the guys that pay big bucks for records go on tho . I would be a bag of nerves until the item had arrived in one piece and had played thru  o.k . real squeaky bum time !

Social source share

hope  someone can tell me , when the seller sends a refund via paypal . does it just sit in the paypal account or does it go back to your original account ?

I think if you paid off your card it goes back on your card, if you paid out of paypal it goes back into paypal balance, that's what happened to me in the past - but only if they use the refund option within paypal. If they just send you the money it stays in paypal,

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Just a update on this topic I pursued this rogue seller on Discogs - Atomichertz  and today after putting all the evidence and sending to bank and merchants received a Full refund on a large purchase item I never received so hopefully they will also be accountable for fraud along the way , so today the world seems a better place and when these thngs are traceable and tracked paperwork it will work back and bite them ,  next time I will be more careful even thou I thought I had done a bit of homework Happy Days  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just a update on this topic I pursued this rogue seller on Discogs - Atomichertz  and today after putting all the evidence and sending to bank and merchants received a Full refund on a large purchase item I never received so hopefully they will also be accountable for fraud along the way , so today the world seems a better place and when these thngs are traceable and tracked paperwork it will work back and bite them ,  next time I will be more careful even thou I thought I had done a bit of homework Happy Days  

I will never buy again via CC only via Paypal, I believe this crook knew what he was doing when he insisted on a CC only.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!