Latest Manship auction results?

Weingarden

Guest Aaron Darcy

Phew !! £400 for an Eddie Parker, well done that man..............

Sold the first issue last year £100 in mint condition , which i thought was very fair deal.

Even so...................:ohmy:

Yes even so :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

I would have thought about £150-ish in today's crazy market, but £400.000 das-a-lotta-monnee......................

New soul boys coming on the scene paying silly money , you can't buy knowledge  Chris , boots , reissues , laptops anything goes down well these days.

I have been on the rare soul scene or northern scene what ever you want call it   these days  for 44 years and its become very commercial in other words its on its arse  musically and financially .

Edited by Aaron Darcy
Social source share

New soul boys coming on the scene paying silly money , you can't buy knowledge  Chris , boots , reissues , laptops anything goes down well these days.

I have been on the rare soul scene or northern scene what ever you want call it   these days  for 44 years and its become very commercial in other words its on its arse  musically and financially .

Thought that there were many new Pop-Up DJS buying all the well known stuff and playing it, after all the rooms are dark and the punters are dancing so who's going to see if it's an original or not ?

Social source share

not any more though Hammie.

Yeah, does'nt time fly when your collecting records.......especially the price of some of 'em

Here's a tip for one I know will soon be silly money...... Billy Sharae - Im Gone - purple spectrum, well it will when JM auctions a 'minter' :wicked:  

Social source share

Yeah, does'nt time fly when your collecting records.......especially the price of some of 'em

Here's a tip for one I know will soon be silly money...... Billy Sharae - Im Gone - purple spectrum, well it will when JM auctions a 'minter' :wicked:  

Is anything ever mint on purple Spectrum, there's always label wear/deterioration for a start. 

Social source share

That's what happened to Linda Lloyd a few years back a £35 - 40 sound then Ian Levine mentioned it a few time, then it shot up to £150.00 + :ohmy: 

Social source share

Well take it with a pinch of salt Ian likes to exaggerate the prices on some well known 45' s.

He recently commented on Falsebook that the Full Speed 45 had been selling for £250 . Not sure why I have one listed @ £20 opening bid . £40 it's fair price , seen it on a delaers lists @ £100  - Why do peeps triple the factor   ... well known DJ  spin etc etc  -   FFS !!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Is anything ever mint on purple Spectrum, there's always label wear/deterioration for a start. 

I've got a purple scrotum,been kicked in the nads that many times on price.:lol:.

Edited by KevH
got wrong record !
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Didn't he auction this in July 2015 and get £190?

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/338002-john-manship-auction-results-1-7-2015/

Social source share

Sold the first issue last year £100 in mint condition , which i thought was very fair deal.

Yes even so :ohmy:

You are, of course, spot on...

That's what happened to Linda Lloyd a few years back a £35 - 40 sound then Ian Levine mentioned it a few time, then it shot up to £150.00 + :ohmy: 

What rubbish, I had it before he did, I bought it off Nancy I think, and it was £100 then

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Am not a record collector, curious as to some o your opinions, are prices more rip off now or has this always been the case 

No , it used to be fun buying records back in the day

Social source share

Am not a record collector, curious as to some o your opinions, are prices more rip off now or has this always been the case 

"Rip off" doesn't really come into to it. It's more a question of some people willing to pay a lot more money than say 2/3 years ago. No one forces them to buy at these high prices and you wonder if it will all end in tears ?

Social source share

It'll end in tears for some people. I have paid over the odds for a few 45s, but mainly because I really wanted them and was prepared to push the boat out a bit to get them. But to me that's the key - I only buy records I like and will cherish not what's considered to be flavour of the month. I bought stuff to play to the floor in the 80s but soon got fed up just giving the people what they wanted - they should know that isn't good for them!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!